XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is one of the leading management exams held in India. A lot of students appear for XAT to secure an admission in any of the top B-schools of India. The examination held annually and the registration process starts around August-September. In this article, I have discussed the XAT examination in detail.
- XAT Application
- Important Highlights of XAT
- Eligibility criteria for Xavier Aptitude Test
- How to apply for the Xavier Aptitude Test
- Documents required for filling the application form
- XAT Exam Pattern
- Xavier Aptitude Test Syllabus
- XAT GD/PI Calculation
- XAT Admit Card
- XAT 2021 Time Table
- XAT Result
- Colleges participating in XAT 2021
The Xavier Aptitude Test is the second most prestigious examination after CAT which students attend in India for pursuing MBA. Like IIM conducts CAT the same way XAT is held by XLRI Jamshedpur annually. The students fill-up the form every year to apply for PGDM, PGPM courses from these institutions. The exam pattern of XAT is somewhat easier as compared to the CAT; hence students find it easy to attempt and score. A lot of popular B-schools accept the score of the exam to offer admission to the students in any of the management programs.
Important Highlights of XAT
The important highlights of XAT 2020 are given in the table below, have a look at it to get precise information.
|Name of the exam||XAT/ Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducted by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Eligibility||Graduate and work experience desirable|
|Registration Dates||August 2020|
|XAT Exam 2020||January 2020|
|XAT Exam pattern||A 3-hour long Computer-based test comprising of 4 subjects mainly, DI&LR, Verbal Ability, Decision Making and GA.|
Eligibility criteria for Xavier Aptitude Test
The students who wish to fill the XAT Application form need to possess the following eligibility criteria:
- There is no specific age limit notified by the authority, so students of any age can apply
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
- The students who are in the final year can apply only if their final result is released before the last date of XAT registration.
How to apply for the Xavier Aptitude Test
The XAT Application form will be available online on the official website. The corresponding application link of it will be active in a few days. The application process of all the courses in the Xavier Aptitude Test are as follows for all the courses:
- Visit the official website,
- Click on XAT New Registration,
- Thereon, the student must register himself on the website.
- The students should submit the details asked in the registration form,
- Post this; an OTP will generated,
- Then, the aspirant should have to fill all the basic details asked in the form,
- After filling all the personal details, name, date of birth, gender, the students should note down the login credentials.
- Post this; the students must enter their educational qualifications, i.e. 10th marks, 12th marks, graduation marks.
- After this upload, the candidate must upload photograph, signature and enter your academic qualification
- Work experience is the next criteria, the student must fill it too,
- Once all these things complete then pay the fees which are about Rs 1900 for the General candidates while 950 for all the SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate must do a final recheck of all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth.
- The students are allowed to choose their centre as per their preference.
- At last, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
Documents required for filling the application form
There is a long list of documents which the students have to keep handy while filling the XAT Application form. The important documents required for the application are as follows:
- Adhaar Card/Voter card for address
- 10th class mark sheet for correct name and date of birth
- 12th class mark sheet
- Bachelor’s certificate
- Certificates of Master’s programme
- Scanned image of the photograph
- Scanned image of the signature
- SC / ST / OBC / EWS certificate if the candidate belongs to reserved category
XAT Exam Pattern
The XAT Exam Pattern based on three subjects which are Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and General knowledge. The XAT exam is conducted for two slots 3 hours each viz, 9 am to 12 am and 2 am to 5 am. The students have to appear for the online exam and achieve the cut-off to get an admission in any of the prestigious XLRI colleges.
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||Composite timing of 165 minutes.|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28|
|Decision Making||21||No sectional time|
|General knowledge||25||15 minutes|
Xavier Aptitude Test Syllabus
It is crucial for a student who wishes to fill the XAT Application form to know the syllabus. XAT is the toughest exam in India. Hence, the students should first go through the XAT Syllabus to get an overview of the whole examination process.
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Reading Comprehension|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Data Interpretation|
Ratio and Proportion
Time and Speed
Profit and Loss
Divisibility, HCF and LCM
|Decision Making||Critical Reasoning|
Analysis and decision making
|General knowledge||Current Affairs|
XAT GD/PI Calculation
|Personal Interview||30 %|
|XAT 2020 score||25%|
|WAT Score 2020||10%|
|Bachelor’s Course final marks||10%|
|Work Experience (if any)||10%|
|Class 10 Board Marks||10%|
|Class 12 Board Marks||5%|
XAT Admit Card
XLRI Jamshedpur will release the final XAT Admit Card for all the students who have applied for the examination above. The authority expected to release the admit card for the entrance exam for the candidates in September/October. The students can download the Xavier Aptitude Test Admit Card from the official website. The students have to enter their roll number, and course name for downloading the admit card.
The Hall Ticket of XAT will contain important information regarding the exam; the candidate has to appear. The admit card contains the exam schedule, the exam center, and all the information on the exam. The students have to download the admit card and then take its print out for the exam.
XAT 2021 Time Table
XLRI Jamshedpur will conduct the XAT 2020 examination for the year 2020. The conducting body will release the XAT Time Table of the pending entrance exam once the application process is over by the authority. The timetable will be available in a pdf format or will be available along with the prospectus of the XAT Application form, and the students have to download it from the website. The IIM expected to release the time table after the lockdown ends.
The authorities have already made it clear that it will be releasing the time table when the situation is under control. The candidates can download the date sheet and mark important details on the calendar. The admit card will release after the time table; the candidates can download it from the official website.
The institute will publish the XAT 2021 Results within 15- 20 days of the exam. The results for the same are generally published in January every year. The body has assured a notification that the results for all the aspirants compiled after the exams are over. The students should, therefore, keep checking the website for the earliest information. The students should keep their roll numbers handy to check their result. Once, the results released, the candidates can appear for the counselling session of different colleges.
Colleges participating in XAT 2021
XAT is the most prestigious examination of the country, hence a lot of B-schools and IIMs participate in the XAT exam. The list of the colleges participating in the XAT exams are as follows:
|Top B schools||XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur|
XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Bhubaneshwar
Great lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
Goa Institute of Management
FORE School of Management
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
SP Jain Institute of Management and research, Mumbai
|Private Business Schools||Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)|
IIT Delhi, Management wing
IIT Mumbai, Management wing
FORE School of Management (FSM) New Delhi