West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021:Almost every student wants to pursue higher education but due to lower financial conditions, many Candidates are not able to achieve their goal of getting higher education. To guarantee the availability of higher education among all the candidates, the government starts various kinds of schemes. The WB Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee has started the “ WB Student Credit Card ” on 30 June 2021. Applicants can now get a maximum Rs.10 lakh loan with a low interest rate of 4% simple interest per annum.
Check below for the details about the Student Credit Card.
WB Student Credit Card Scheme Launched
The administration of West Bengal has started the WBSCC scheme on 30th June 2021. This scheme has been launched to provide loans to students for their education. Many meetings are being held with colleges to explain the action plan of this scheme. The scope of Higher Education will shortly release an official order to launch the WBSCC. The maximum limit for this loan is up to Rs 10 lakh. This loan can use for continuing studies in India and abroad. This scheme was a part of the election manifesto made by current Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
The West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee started the West Bengal student credit card scheme on June 30th, 2021. So, In the first 9 days of launching this scheme, 25,847 candidates have applied. Out of these 25,847 applicants 5,899 candidates were studying outside of Bengal. 16384 male candidates and 9461 females applicants have applied for this loan till 9th July 2021.
So, to get a loan, the candidates are not obligated to provide any kind of surety as the Bengal government will be the surety. Applicants can buy laptops, books, pay tuition fees or boarding charges with this loan.
WB Government Spend 355 Crores On Students Credit Card
By this project nationalized and cooperative banks will give loans for higher studies and diploma courses at an interest rate of 4% per annum. Moreover, this interest rate will be further reduced if repayment is done within the study period. The Government is going to spend Rs 1355 crores to grant loans to these 25847 Applicants. Candidates can apply for this loan considering the course fee he is currently studying and for future courses, he has to apply for new credit after admission to that course. Through this scheme, loans are also given for cracking various competitive exams like Neet, JEE, and civil services.
It has to be noted that under this scheme loans cannot be applied for those course fees which have already been paid to the educational institution
Highlights of WBSCC Apply
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021|
|Launched By||State Government of West Bengal|
|State Government of West Bengal||Provide Loans for Higher Education|
|Provide Loans for Higher Education||Maximum Rs.10 lakh|
|Repayment of Loan||15 years after getting the job|
|Beneficiary||Students of West Bengal State|
|Interest on Loan Amount||04% simple interest per annum|
|Scheme Launched on||30 June 2021|
|Maximum Age Limit||40 Years|
- Only Students can get the benefit of the “Student Credit Card Yojana” launched by West Bengal State.
- Loans can be availed to students who are studying above the 10th standard.
- Upper Age Limit is 40 Years.
- The applicant should be a permanent citizen of West Bengal State.
- Applicant should be residing in West Bengal for a period of at least 10 years.
- The loan can be extended to the preparation of National Level Competitive Examinations such as IPS, WBPSC, IAS, IITs, IIMs, etc.
- Loan Repayment Period: 15 Years after getting a job.
- This loan can be used only for Higher Education purposes not for another commercial purpose.
How to Apply For The Student Credit Card 2021
Qualified candidates who want to apply online for WBSCC Scheme must have to enroll online at the official website of WBSCC.
Guidance and direct links are given below:
- Open WBSCC (Department of Higher Education West Bengal) official website.
- On Home Page through Main Menu Click on “Student Registration” Option.
- Now, the Student Registration – Online Application Form display on your system screen.
- Applicant must have to give the Personal Details such as name, address, DOB, Aadhar No., Contact Details, password, educational qualification, etc.
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the “Register” button.
- Now log in with the Application ID and Password to complete the application process.
- Fill in all the required details and upload supporting documents.
- Verify the details given on the Online Application and go for the Final Submission of this scheme.
- Take a printout for later reference purposes.
Documents Required to Apply WBSCC Yojana
The candidate must keep the following documents before beginning the online registration process:
- Color Photograph of Application (.jpeg/.png format 20kb to 50kb)
- Color Photograph of the Co-applicant / Co-borrower (.jpeg/.png format 20kb to 50kb)
- Signature of Candidate (.jpeg/.png format 10kb to 50kb)
- Co-borrower / Guardian’s Signature (.jpeg/.png format 10kb to 50kb)
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card (Only PDF format – 50kb to 400kb)
- Candidate’s Class 10th Registration Certificate (PDF Format Only 50kb to 400kb)
- Guardian’s Address Proof (PDF 50kb to 400kb)
- Admission Receipt (PDF 50kb to 400kb)
- Student Pan Card / undertaking if no Pan card (PDF Size 50kb to 400kb)
- Guardians Pan Card / undertaking if there is no pan card (PDF Size 50kb to 400kb)
- Relevant Page of the Brochure / document detaining course fee / tuition fee (PDF Size 50kb to 400kb)
West Bengal Student Credit Card Website
|Direct Links – WB Student Credit Card Website||CLICK HERE|
|West Bengal Student Credit Card Apply Online Link||WEBSITE || REGISTRATION || LOGIN|
|WBSCC Student Credit Card Notification||CLICK HERE|
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|