West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019: West Bengal Police has published notification and invited application process for 3,000 vacancies for the position of Excise Constable in the subordinate excise service under finance department West Bengal Government, 2019.
Both male and female candidates can apply for the posts from 11 March to 10 April 2019. All the interested candidates who are eligible for the post can apply on WBPRB official website.
- Category wise Vacancy details of West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
- WBPRB Recruitment Educational Qualification
- West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Minimum Physical Standard
- West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Age limit
- West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Application Fee
- West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Method of recruitment
- How to Apply West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
- How to download the admit card for the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
Category wise Vacancy details of West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
|Scheduled Caste (E.C.)||210|
|Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)||60|
WBPRB Recruitment Important dates:
|Application opening date||11 March 2019|
|Application closing date||10 April 2019 (5 PM)|
WBPRB Recruitment Educational Qualification
Only those candidates who have passed Madhyamik Examination from the WB.B.S.E or its equivalent having Bengali/ Nepali as a language paper of or above the Madhyamik level.
The candidates have to be a citizen of India.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Minimum Physical Standard
Interested Candidates must have a minimum physical measurement as mentioned below:
|Category||Class||Height (cm)||Chest (cm)||Weight (kg)|
|Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)|
Gorkhas, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes
|78 cm. with a minimum expansion of 05 cms (78 cms – 83 cms).|
76 cm. with a minimum expansion of 05 cms (76 cms – 81 cms).
|Proportionate to Height (as per medical standards)|
Proportionate to Height (as per medical standards)
|Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)||160||–||Proportionate to Height (as per medical standards)|
|Gorkhas, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||152||–||Proportionate to Height (as per medical standards)|
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Age limit
The applicant must be more than 18 years old or must be less than 27 years old as on 01/01/2019. The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST applicants of West Bengal only by 05 (five) years and OBC applicants of West Bengal only by 03 (three) years.
NVF and Home Guards Personnel (serving in West Bengal Police only) will get upper age relaxation as per existing Government Rules. However, Civic Volunteers will not be able to avail the facility of age relaxation.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Application Fee
- Candidates of all other categories except SC/ST (of West Bengal only): Rs 220.
- For SC candidates (West Bengal only): Rs 20/- for the Processing Fee.
- For ST candidates (West Bengal only): Rs 20/- for the Processing Fee.
Candidates Must have to qualify the following Physical Efficiency Tests
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Test|
|1.||Male candidates- Excise Constable||Long distance run – 1600 metres in maximum 6 minutes 30 seconds|
|2.||Female candidates- Excise Constable||Long distance run – 400 metres in maximum of two minutes.|
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019 Method of recruitment
- The entire provisionally eligible candidate will have to appear for a 100 marks MCQ exam consisting of three subject i.e. general knowledge, elementary mathematics, and reasoning.
- The selected candidates will have to face the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) with Electronic Machines.
- Qualified Candidates will appear for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) as per the above instructions.
- Qualified candidates will have to appear for MCQ based final written examination consisting of 85 marks. Following subjects will be there in the final written examination:
|A.||General Awareness and General Knowledge||25 Marks|
|C.||Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard)||20 Marks|
|D.||Reasoning and Logical Analysis||15 Marks|
- Selected candidates will appear for the Main Interview of 15 marks.
- After selection in all of the above tests document verification and medical test will be done.
How to Apply West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
- Application Forms may be submitted through online or off-line modes during the period from 11.03.2019 to 10.04.2019 (5 PM). The last date of receiving the Application Form through postal services (for off-line applicants) is 10.04.2019 (5 PM).
- The applicant can pay the Application and/or Processing Fees through online using the United Bank of India challan.
- All the interested candidates have to visit the West Bengal Police portal (www.wbpolice.gov.in) and Directorate of Excise (www.excisewb.gov.in) to make sure the eligibility criteria in detail, selection method, examination schemes, the procedure for submission of application form and other terms & conditions.
How to download the admit card for the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2019
Candidates must have to download the e-admit card from the official website before the Preliminary written test and subsequent stages and no offline admit card will be issued by the postal department. The tentative dates of downloading admit card will be available on the website.
In case if any difficulties candidates are advised to communicate either through Telephone (7044108689/7044109346) during office hours from Monday to Saturday.
Note: The tentative dates of examinations of subsequent stages, the result will be available through the official website. Thus candidates must have to visit the official website on a regular basis to get further details about the exam related updates.