West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021 : WB MBBS Admission 2021 has been started from 9th November 2021. West Bengal MBBS admissions will be done based on NEET results and candidates with top ranks, including NEET toppers, will be able to apply for West Bengal MBBS admission 2021 as well as BDS courses through the 15% all-India quota. Moreover, NEET 2021 result was published on 16th October 2021 . However, the registration for MBBS admission in West Bengal has started on November 9 and the last date to apply is November 12, 2021 . Applicants who wish to get admission in West Bengal can get complete information on West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021 from this article.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the admission process||West Bengal MBBS Admission2021|
|Conducting body||Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata|
|Purpose||To grant West Bengal NEET admission to state quota and management quota seats in medical and dental colleges|
|Preparation of Merit Lists||Will be prepared based on NEET 2020 scores, and no separate entrance exam will be conducted.|
|Total Medical seats||2,200|
|Total Dental seats||546|
Also read – NEET 2021 Application Form And How To Apply Online NEET Form
Important Dates And Events 2021
Candidates are advised to check West Bengal MBBS Admission Important Dates And Events 2021
|Events||Dates / Time|
|Start of online registration and payment of fees||November 9, 2021 , from 12:00 noon|
|Last date to register||November 12, 2021, till 11:59 PM|
|Online choice filling and locking||November 12, 2021 (10 AM to 11:59 PM)|
|Publication of state merit list||November 13, 2021 , after 6:00 PM|
|Declaration of result||November 16, 2021 , after 6 PM|
|Document verification||November 17, 2021 , from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Reporting at allotted institutes by candidates who are allotted seats in Round I||November 17 to 18, 2021|
|Publication of net vacant seats||To be announced|
|Commencement of classes||Soon|
|Start of Online Registration||Available Soon|
|Payment of registration fee||To be announced|
|Verification of documents||Available Soon|
|Publication of eligibility list||Soon|
|Online choice filling and locking||Available Soon|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||Available Soon|
Also read- NEET Registration Process Online 2021 , Age Limit, Paper Pattern and Current Changes In Exam
WB MBBS Application 2021
The admission directing state officials has published the West Bengal MBBS 2021 application on November 9. So, candidates who are qualified are required to fill the application form for admission to West Bengal MBBS 2021 . However, students can fill the WB MBBS application form 2021 tentatively till November 12. Based on the completion of the West Bengal MBBS 2021 application form, candidates are required to participate in document verification sessions and further process of counseling. Furthermore, the West Bengal MBBS application form filling process includes the steps like registration, filing of an application form, uploading of necessary documents, declaration, and payment of application fee. Applicants must fill the application form otherwise they will not be granted the West Bengal MBBS admission 2021 .
West Bengal MBBS Application Fees 2021
The table below has the WB MBBS application fee for 2021 :
|General and OBC students||Rs. 2000|
|SC And ST Candidates||Rs. 1500|
Also raed – NEET Syllabus 2021 – Physics, Chemistry And Biology Chapter Wise 20
West Bengal MBBS Admission Application Forms 2021
Applicants seeking admission in West Bengal medical colleges will have to apply for the MBBS admission procedure. Details are given below:
- Registration: Applicants will be able to register for the WB MBBS admission process by filling in NEET 2021 Roll No., Application No., Date of Birth, and Security Pin. Along with this, candidates will have to provide their contact details (mobile numbers and email IDs) to receive the login credentials to their counseling profiles.
- Declaration: All applicants are required to submit a digital declaration by ticking the box given at the end of the registration page. It asks the aspirants to declare that they qualify all the required eligibility criteria and will be providing authentic information.
- Domicile: Applicants will have to clarify whether or not they are the domicile holders of WB by clicking on either yes or no and submitting the form. Those who are non-domicile holders will only be eligible to take admission under the management quota seats and such students will only be required to submit the necessary documents once they have secured a seat at any private medical or dental institute.
- Filling Student Category: Applicants will also be required to specify the category under which they are applying for admission, i.e. General, SC, ST, OBC, and PH. PH candidates will have to mention the percentage of their disability and must submit a certificate issued by IPGMER Kolkata.
- Print Online Slip: Domicile holders and non-domicile holders will be issued different online slips that will specify the time, date, and venue of the document verification round. Moreover, students will have to take a printout of this slip for reference and the authentication process.
- Payment: Once all the details are filled in, applicants will be redirected to the payment page and students will be able to pay the West Bengal MBBS application fees through internet banking, credit, or debit card. Once the payment is done, a transaction ID will be displayed on the screen.
Also read – WBJEE Result 2021 (Declared)- WBJEE Scorecard, Rank Card Here @Wbjeeb.nic.in
West Bengal MBBS Admission Eligibility criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria of West Bengal MBBS admission 2021 are the set of conditions regarding age limit, passing of the qualifying exam, and the criteria of domicile, that the applicant should need to qualify to be considered for West Bengal NEET admission.
- Nationality: Applicants must be Indian nationals.
- Age limit: Applicants must be a minimum of 17 years of age as of December 31, 2020 . The decision for the maximum age limit is still pending in the Supreme court. So, after the decision, the maximum age limit will be decided.
- Qualifying Exam: Medical candidates need to qualify their class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics by scoring a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all the above subjects. Candidates can check the category wise minimum percentage of marks needed to qualify for the entrance exam below.
- Minimum qualification in qualifying exam (10+2)
|Category||Minimum percentage (%) of marks in PCM|
|SC/ST/OBC A or OBC B||40%|
- Candidates need to fulfill all the criteria along with all the basic NEET eligibility criteria 2021 .
For WB MBBS admission 2021, candidates will have to fulfill one of the following suggested conditions.
- Proforma a1 – candidates must have been living in the state of West Bengal for at least 10 years continuously as of December 31, 2019
- a2 – The applicant has been living in the state of West Bengal for a minimum of 10 years continuously as of December 31, 2019, and has passed/is appearing in the 10+2 exam in 2021 .
- Proforma b – Medical who is not a resident of the state, but their parent (s) is / are a permanent resident of the state with having a permanent residential address in the state for the last 10 years as of December 31, 2019.
Important documents of West Bengal MBBS admission
- Slip of Acknowledgement
- Domicile certificate (a1, a2, b)
- Voter card / Aadhar card / Passport of parents in case of a domicile certificate of a parent.
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- NEET 2021 admit card
- NEET scorecard
- PwD certificate, if applicable
- Proof of fees payment
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheet
- Age proof