UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus and Important Paper 1 Books
We live in less difficult times, you need to concur with me. Applying for any examination prior was such a torment for all the aspirants, you needed to send in a completed application form through post office. Be that as it may, presently things are not that difficult when it comes to applying online for UGC NET Examination or finding out the syllabus and books to study for the UGC NET Examination.
We need simply open our laptops or even cell phones and just with a click, we get the required information.
In this blog, I’m basically going to discuss two things:
- UGC NET Syllabus
- UGC NET Books
So without wasting any time let’s get through the information.
UGC NET Syllabus
The candidates are ought to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They ought to be aware of the relationship between people, environment and natural resources and their impact on the quality of life. Let’s first have a look at the exam pattern for Paper 1 in detail. This will help you to understand the UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus.
In UGC NET Paper 1, there are a total of 10 subjects. From each subject 5 questions are asked for a maximum of 10 marks. So, this makes a total of 50 questions for 100 marks. Subjects of Paper 1 are Teaching Aptitude, People & Environment, Information & Communication Technology, Reading Comprehension, Communication, Research Aptitude, Reasoning (including Mathematics), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Higher Education System: Administration, Governance & Polity.
- Each section is of equal weightage, i.e., 5 questions from each section for 10 marks from each section, i.e., 2 marks for each correct answer.
- UGC NET examination has no negative marking.
- The exam duration will be 1 Hour.
Now let’s go through the UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus for all the 10 sections of Paper 1:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching : Objectives, characteristics, nature and basic requirements
- Factors affecting teaching
- Teaching aids
- Learner’s characteristics
- Evaluation system
- Methods of teaching
- Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, characteristics and types
- Methods of research
- Steps of research
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
- Research Ethics
III. Reading Comprehension
- A passage will be given with a set of questions to be answered.
- Communication Nature
- Types of communication
- Barriers in communication
- Effective classroom communication
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series; letter series; codes;
- Relationships; classification.
- Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal classification
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy — Applied analogy
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Multi-diagrammatic relationship, Simple diagrammatic relationship
VII. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
VIII. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT : meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses;
- General abbreviations and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
- People and Environment
- People and environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutants and their impact;
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Structure of the institutions for research and higher learning in India
- Distance and Formal education professional/technical and general education
- Value education: Polity, Governance, and Administration
UGC NET Paper 2 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
In Paper 2 of UGC NET Exam, there will be only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). First, let’s go through the exam pattern for Paper 2 in detail:
- In UGC NET Paper 2, there are 100 MCQs related to the subject that you have selected while filling up the UGC NET Application form. Each question carries 2 marks.
- Paper 2 is of total 200 Marks.
- UGC NET Examination has no negative marking.
- The total exam duration is 2 Hours.
Important: Paper 2 will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. To know all the subjects along with their codes and syllabus for which UGC NET Paper 2 is conducted, click here.
Candidates can go through the detailed syllabus of the subject of their choice by downloading the PDF Files of the respective subjects from the table provided in the link. After going through the detailed syllabus of the NTA UGC NET Exam for your subject, the next step is to create a study plan and start working on it. Now to prepare for any examination you need the subject books. So, let us talk about the books for UGC NET Examination.
UGC NET Books
Finding the most suitable UGC NET books regularly includes a great deal of hits and attempt. It is actually exceptionally tiring. Being a twofold JRF holder myself, I can comprehend the situation of exploring and perusing each article there is to discover the UGC NET books that are the best in their game.
In this way, it’s right to state that you can believe me. Since simply like you’re here urgently attempting to discover answers to every one of your inquiries, I was once in those shoes as well.
Without taking a greater amount of your time let us begin. I’m going to show probably the best books for UGC NET Paper 1. There are a large number of UGC NET Paper 1 books out there however the ones I have mentioned in this article are the ones I can actually vouch for.
Best Book for UGC NET Paper 1
Following are the best book for UGC NET Paper 1:
- UGC NET /SET General Paper 1 by Trueman
- Teaching & Research Aptitude by Arihant Experts for UGC NET/JRF/SLET – General Paper-1
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF Paper 1 – Teaching and Research Aptitude by KVS Madaan (Pearson Education)
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude General Paper-1 by Upkar Prakashan
No measure of books or online tests or classes can ever be sufficient in case you’re not determined to crack the examination. My main responsibility is to direct you and help you with the queries you have related to UGC NET and the best book for UGC NET Paper 1. I trust I worked admirably here. Your hard work is the most fundamental key in cracking the UGC NET examination and that is one thing that comes to naturally from within.