- 1 SSC CHSL Admit Card:
- 2 Notification for SSC CHSL – 2017- 18:
- 3 SSC CHSL Vacancy 2018:
- 4 Exam Dates for SSC CHSL 2018:
- 5 Exam Centre for SSC CHSL:
- 6 SSC CHSL 2018 Recruitment:
- 7 Exam Pattern for SSC CHSL:
- 8 Syllabus for SSC CHSL Exam 2018:
- 9 SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria:
- 10 SSC CHSL Cut Off:
SSC CHSL exam or The Staff Selection Commission conducts exam for undergraduate and postgraduate students and offers premium jobs that every student dreams of. The exam is fair and results are announced on time as announced.
Almost every year thousand of SSC vacancies created and millions of Indian youth apply for SSC CHSL and only selected applicant to get selected. SSC is a Central Government organization that provides huge employment to the Indian youth every year.
Combined Higher Secondary Level exam conduct by S.S.C or Staff Selection Commission every year for recruiting in different Departments, organization, and Ministries of Government of India.
Combined Higher Secondary Level exam conduct by S.S.C or Staff Selection Commission (CHSL, 10+2) exam for recruitment to different post like:
1. Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA).
2. Data Entry Operator (DEO).
3. Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
4. Court Clerk.
The exam offers you an opportunity every year during the month of November for online registration and March for the examination.
You need to focus on Math, English, Reasoning and General Awareness.
The study materials are easily available in the market, it is the way you study that matters. Always keep an eye on the time you spend on each and every question.
Also Read – SSC Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Admit Card:
Recently, Staff Selection Commission had issued SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-1 Admit Card. All applicant required to download admit card from region wise portal or Click Here.
Notification for SSC CHSL – 2017- 18:
SSC ( Staff Selection Commission) had released their SSC CHSL 2017-18 recruitment notification for the following post:
1. Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
2. Junior Secretariat Assistant(JSA).
3. Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO).
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2018:
Almost every year thousands of jobs vacancies created by SSC and for the current year tentative vacancies for the posts of LDC/ JSA, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and DEO are 898, 2359, 2 and Data Entry Operator Grade”A”- Nil, respectively.
Exam Dates for SSC CHSL 2018:
Please go through the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam 2018 and complete the process in time. Below is the tentative schedule for the SSC CHSL 2018 exam is as follows:
|Application form will be available from||18th November 2017|
|Last date for registration||27th December 2017|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||4th March to 26th March 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam||8th July 2018|
Exam Centre for SSC CHSL:
Please go through the SSC CHSL Exam 2018 Official Notification on the portal regarding the list of exam centers.
SSC CHSL 2018 Recruitment:
The SSC CHSL exam conducted in 3 stages called (Tiers). The first is online and the latter two are offline exams. The whole procedure of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Applicants need to qualify each tier of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
Exam Pattern for SSC CHSL:
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) begins conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels or three tiers for various posts from 2016. Below are the details:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before preparing for the SSC CHSL preparation, it is important to know the changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018 are given below::
• The SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode only.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
• Tier III will remain same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
Syllabus for SSC CHSL Exam 2018:
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of 3 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is a multiple choice objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
Tier 1 Syllabus for SSC CHSL 2018:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
There will be negative marking in SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 Exam. If you will give a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus:
Tier 2 is a descriptive exam that is conducted to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. 33 percent is the minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II exam. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. One of the best way to prepare for it is to read lots of articles from various newspapers or any other source. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• This exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus:
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 appears with a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• There is a typing Test is being conducted in English or Hindi and applicants while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• The Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Applicants opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Applicants opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria:
There will be 3 important eligibility criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2018. The 3 important eligibility criteria are given below:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2018 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2000).
- Applicant must have cleared their 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University. 12th exam appeared students can also apply.
SSC CHSL Cut Off:
All the applicants must go through the cut-off for SSC CHSL exam of the previous year:
SSC CHSL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Candidate Available|
SSC CHSL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||119||110||99||89.50||88||83.50||55||45.50||—|
For More updates On SSC Click Here.