Prerana Scholarship 2020 – Application, Eligibility, Dates, Process, Post Metric Scholarhip
Prerana Scholarship 2020 is out to fill the form in the upcoming month. So, it is expecting that the Application will start in August. And the last date of the scholarship application is October(tentative). So, the SSD and Minorities and Backword Classes Welfare Department, Government of Odisha has introduced this scholarship.
The Prerana Scholarship has already released the notification. So, the Scholarship application form releases online. There is no other mode available for applying the form.
The Application form releases on the official website of Prerana. So, before applying for the scholarship, candidates need to check all the eligibility criteria. Check whether you are eligible or not.
So, to know more details about the Prerana Scholarship 2020, read the article below. Also, visit the official website daily for new updates.
- Prerana Scholarship 2020
- Prerana Scholarship Highlights
- Important Dates of Prerana Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria for Prerana Scholarship 2020
- Details Required for a Scholarship Application form
- Amount of Reward is Given Under Scholarship
- How to Apply or Fill for Prerana Scholarship/ Application form 2020
- Renewal of Scholarship
Prerana Scholarship 2020
Prerana Scholarship is a Post Matric scholarship. The main aim of this scholarship is to offer support to poor and weaker candidates of the states. So, candidates belonging to ST/SC or OBC/SEBC or EBC and minatory categories can only apply. Also, the aspirant should be a resident of Odisha state.
This scholarship helps candidates to complete their Post Matriculation courses and higher studies. Also, it allows students who are needy and cannot afford education.
So, the Odisha state economically weaker sections get full benefits from such scholarship. The amount of reward offered under this scheme is a direct transfer to a student’s bank account.
Prerana Scholarship Highlights
So, an important highlight of Odisha Prerana Scholarship is given below. Candidates do have a look in the below table for highlights.
|Name of the Scholarship||Prerana Scholarship 2020|
|Type of Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|Introduced by||SSD and Minorities and Backword Classes Welfare Department, Government of Odisha|
|Main Aim||To offer financial support to poor or backward classes|
|Eligible Caste||ST or SC or OBC or EBC or SEBc and minatory classes.|
|Mode of Applying||Online mode|
Important Dates of Prerana Scholarship
So, important dates related to the Prerana Scholarship 2020 given below. So, candidates who are waiting to apply for the scholarship can check the dates mentioned in the table below.
So, the common application period is between August to October. But the specific dates are given below.
Give below dates are tentative or expected. So, it may get changed by the officials.
|Events||Important Dates for Inside State||Important Dates for Outside State|
|Online submitting Application Starting date||September 2020||September 2020|
|Last date to fill or Submit the Application form||October 2020||October 2020|
|Submission of Online applications duly signed printed Online copies to the Institute- Last date||October 2020||October 2020|
|Last date for institute to submit applications||November or December 2020||November or December 2020|
|Online sanction of New and Fresh applications by DWOs – Last Date||December 2020||January 2021|
NOTE- Dates mentioned in the table above is the same for both New and Renewable Applications.
Eligibility criteria for Prerana Scholarship 2020
So, eligibility criteria for Odisha Prerana Scholarship for Post matric given below. Aspirants need to check all the criteria and fulfill them before applying for the application form. The eligibility criteria given below are discussed in categories wise.
For ST or SC category
- So, candidates must be studying in government institutions.
- Also, candidates must be a permanent domicile of Odisha state.
- And the annual income of candidates family should not be more than 2.5 lakh.
For OBC or SEBC category
- So, candidates must be studying in government institutions.
- Also, candidates must be a permanent resident of Odisha state.
- And the annual income of candidates family should not be more than 1 lakh.
For EBC category
- So, candidates of a general category can only apply for EBC (Economically Backward Classes)
- Also, candidates of EBC must do their higher studies from government institutes only.
- The family income of the candidates must not exceed 1 lakh.
Details Required for a Scholarship Application form
So, application form needs to submit with some documents. The list of documents required during filling the form is given below. So, candidates can check it from the points below.
- Candidates 10th or 12th Passing certificate
- Graduation Certificate or Mark sheet(if applying for post-graduation)
- Candidates Date of birth certificate
- Roll Number
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate of Resident
- Aadhar Card Copy(mandatory) or Aadhar enrollment slip
- Candidates Family Income Certificate
- Photocopy of Bank Passbook ( Details like -Account number, IFSC code and Branch name)
- 2 Passport size photo
- Mobile number and Email ID
Amount of Reward is Given Under Scholarship
So, Amount or reward offer under Prerana Scholarship 2020 is discussed below. Candidates can check it from the table below.
|Groups||Amount for Hosteller per month||The amount for Non-Hosteller per month|
|Group- I||Rs-1200 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 750 for OBC||Rs-550 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 350 for OBC|
|II- Group||Rs-1000 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 510 for OBC||Rs-530 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 335 for OBC|
|Group- III||Rs-1000 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 400 for OBC||Rs-300 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 210 for OBC|
|Group- IV||Rs-1000 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 260 for OBC||Rs-230 for (ST or SC) and Rs- 160 for OBC|
So, for General courses, PRERNA scholarship offers 100% fees. And for Technical Degree or Diploma courses, PRERNA gives Rs-28, 500. Also, the Prerana scholarship provides an additional maintenance amount monthly.
How to Apply or Fill for Prerana Scholarship/ Application form 2020
So, steps of how to fill the Prerana Scholarship Application form given below. Candidates applying for the scholarship needs to fill the application form online on the. So, follow the below-given steps and fill the form.
- So, firstly candidates need to visit the official website of Prerana.
- The official website link mention in the table above.
- Or candidates can also directly click here (Registered students)
- So, after visiting the official website, the Prerana home page will open.
- On the home, page aspirants need to click on the Student Registration
- After clicking, candidates need to register themselves.
- They can do so by entering Valid ID or Username and Password.
- So, after registration, aspirants need to go on ” Registered Student’s Login.”
- And then click on the ‘Student Corner.”
- After clicking on the save your Registration details.
- So, now the Application form will open on the screen.
- On the application form, candidates need to fill some required details.
- They can do so by entering personal and educational information.
- Also, they need to enter bank account details.
- So, after entering all the required information, upload your photograph.
- And then click on the “Submit” button.
- Now your Prerana Scholarship Online Application process is complete.
- So download or save the form.
- Also, take out the printout for further use.
Renewal of Scholarship
So, the institute performs Odhisha Prerana Scholarship Renewal every academic year. Candidates who have already registered themselves last year need to Renew their Applications. They need to renew this year also so that they can get the amount of rewards.
So, aspirants can renew their applications Online. Candidates need to inform about Aadhaar card number and Caste Certificate issuing authority. So, that institute can enter the application.
If there are any changes in the above mention details, then candidates need to inform the institute. Also, if there are any changes in Mobile number, Address, or Bank account details, it must be reported.