Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana – PM 500 PMJDY Scheme For Women
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a central Backed scheme launched by PM Modi in the year 2014. The PMJDY scheme aims to provide financial services to the poor and deprived people of the country. In the PMJDY scheme, each poor person was given a free of cost bank account for getting accidental insurance and remittance. The PMJDY scheme allows economically weak people to open a bank account and they were free of maintaining sufficient balance in the account.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was the first project of the Modi government. All the economically weaker people who didn’t have access to the bank accounts and its facility. The PMJDY scheme promises to give a zero-balance bank account to them who cannot afford to keep sufficient balance. This bank account also helped them in availing various benefits by the government through the DBT system. The bank account also provides the benefit of the overdraft facility to the poor people of the country.
In the time of corona-virus, the Finance Ministry has ordered to release Rs 1500 in the account of every woman account holder of PMJDY account. This money is been given in 3 equal instalments of Rs 500 in each instalment. The beneficiaries have to just visit the bank and then withdraw the money. The money has been deposited in their bank accounts through Direct Benefit Transfer.
प्रधान मंत्री जन धन योजना
प्रधान मंत्री जन धन योजना बैंक अकाउंट खोलने के लिए आपको कुछ नियम और शर्ते पूरा करना होगा, इस lockdown में आपको प्रधान मंत्री के तरफ से 500रुपिया हर महिला के अकाउंट में मिलेगा, आप इस पोस्ट में पढ़ कर देख सकते है
PMJDY Scheme Highlights
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is offering help to its women customer by offering financial assistance to them fight the coronavirus. The scheme overview of the PMJDY is given in the below table:
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana|
|Releasing Ministry||Ministry of Finance|
|Department||Department of Financial Services|
|Starting Date||April 2020|
|Ending Date||June 2020|
|Total Beneficiaries||38.33 Crore|
|Amount Released||Rs 118,44,341|
|Benefits||The women customer of the PMJDY scheme will be getting Rs 1500 in their accounts. The amounts will be released in three equal installments of Rs 500 each.|
The people who want to apply for the benefits of the PMJDY Account should check the eligibility given below:
- Any Indian citizen can open the account under the PMJDY.
- The citizen should be between the age of 18-60 years.
- The person should possess an Adhaar card or Ration card as id proof.
- The person can also present his NREGA job letter issued by the officer.
- Minimum 3 passport size photos are required to open the account.
How To Open the PMJDY Account
PMJDY stands for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana it was launched by PM Modi on 15 August 2014. This initiative was introduced to join the poor and economically weaker section in the financial inclusion scheme. This scheme offers a lot of benefits to the customers owing to all its features. The given below all the steps that are necessary for opening the account of the person:
1st step: First of all, the person should visit his nearest branch of either public or private bank.
2nd step: There he should ask the Account opening application form for the PMJDY from the authority and then duly fill it with the help of bank personnel.
3rd step: After filling the form he should attach all the important documents asked and the number of photos.
4th step: Finally, he should submit the filled form and the necessary documents to the bank officer.
5th step: The bank will allow an account number to the person and hand him the passbook and the debit card if requested.
Important Document required for the scheme
There is a list of important documents that the person should present the bank authority for the PMJDY account:
- PAN Card
- Voter Card
- Adhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Ration Card
- Xerox copies of the Electricity bill or job card by MNREGA.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
PMJDY account provides a lot of benefits to its customers as listed below:
- It is a zero-balance bank account means there is no need for any minimum balance in the account.
- It is used by the government to provide any kind of financial assistance to the people using the DBT process. DBT stands for Direct Benefit Transfer.
- The customers will get interested in any kind of deposit present in the bank account.
- The beneficiaries also get an insurance policy of accidental coverage worth Rs 2,00,000 which was earlier Rs 1,00,000.
- The customers also get an overdraft facility of Rs 10,000 at any time. Earlier the Overdraft facility was on an amount of Rs 5,000.
- There are a lot of other schemes also that the customer gets access to with a Jan Dhan account.
- On the death of the account holder, the nominee gets a sum assured of Rs 30,000 immediately.
- There are four other schemes that are associated with the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana such as Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti bima yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana etc.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Beneficiary list
The below table consists of the name of all the banks that offer the facility of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana and the links associated with it.
|Bank Name||Important Link|
|Canara Bank||Direct Link|
|State Bank of India||Click here|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Direct Link|
|Union Bank of India||Click here|
|Punjab National Bank||Direct Link|
|Allahabad Bank||Click here|
|Corporation Bank||Direct Link|
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
|Dena Bank||Direct Link|
|Syndicate Bank||Click here|
|Andhra Bank||Direct Link|
|Bank of India||Click here|
|IDBI Bank||Direct Link|
|Bank of Baroda||Click here|