PMSS Scholarship- Application Process,Eligiblity, Last Date, eligible Course
PMSS Scholarship: The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), PMSS helps students through a scholarship for girls from INR 2,250 to INR 3,000 per month and scholarship amount for boys from INR 2,000 to INR 2,500 per month to the youth for those pursuing higher education outside the state. Apart from the above scholarship amount they also added 500 new scholarships which will be given to the State Police officials who are/were killed in terror attacks
PMSS is a merit-based scholarship scheme if any students get selected for this scholarship program, they selected students can avail the scholarship program up to three lakhs annually with other use full benefits. The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme PMSS was Initiated in the year 2006-2007 but it was established in the year 2011-12. This Scheme helps millions of students through financial support in their technical and higher studies.
It is very important for the students to know the dates related to the PMSS scholarship, in the below table students can get the important dates. it is advised to students to apply as early as you can to avoid last-minute rush and server issues.
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Dates
- PMSS Scholarship Eligibility
- PMSS Education Qualification.
- Eligible courses for PMSS scholarship
- How To Apply For PMSS Scholarship
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme PMSS Required Documents
- PMSS Scholarship Selection Criteria
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Dates
It is a very good practice to know the event date for any scholarship or exam date. Below is the list of PMSS dates that every applicant should know.
|PMSS Scholarship Events||Dates|
|Online Registration Start Date||July 2019|
|Last Date for online application||31.10.2020|
|Last date for verification of defective applications||31.12.2019|
|Last date for institute verification||31.12.2019|
|Verification of application by CAPFs & AR||01.01.2020 to 15.01.2020|
|Preparation of merit list and Lot generation phase||16.01.2020 to 26.01 2020|
|Sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Directorate, MHA||27.01 2020 to 5.02.2020|
|Payment file generation||6.02.2020 to 15.02.2020|
|Disbursement of scholarship amount||16.02.2020 to 28.02.2020|
|Dispatch of personal letters from Honourable Prime Minister||15.03.2020|
PMSS Scholarship Eligibility
Every scholarship program has its own eligibility and Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme also has its eligibility below is the list of eligible criteria like educational qualification, age, course, and percentage. Below is the list of criteria.
- Candidate must be a dependent or widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- Candidate must be pursuing technical or professional courses mentioned in the list below. (Note: Not applicable for The lateral entry and integrated courses are not applicable for PMSS Scholarship).
PMSS Education Qualification.
- The minimum education qualification for candidates to apply must have cleared class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- The Candidate should have to achieve at least 60% marks or above in educational qualification to eligible for PMSS.
- For subsequent years renewal, the applicants need to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination).
Eligible courses for PMSS scholarship
There are many courses that are eligible for this scholarship program like Engineering, Architecture, Medical Etc, below is the list of all courses.
|Course Name||Course Duration|
|Architecture / Engineering Courses|
|BArch (4 to 5 years)||4 to 5 years|
|BSc, BPT (4 years)||4 years|
|BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology)||4 years|
|BVSc & AH||5 years|
|BSc Nursing||4 years|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|BSc Optometry (3 years)||3 years|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||4.5 years|
|Other Professional Courses|
|BSc Agriculture||4 years|
|BSc Horticulture||4 years|
|Coy Secretary||4 years|
|BSc Bio-Tech||3 years|
|Hotel Management Degree||4 years|
|BSc Microbiology||3 years|
|BSc HHA||3 years|
|LLB||2 to 3 years|
|Bachelor of Elementary Education||3 to 5 years|
|BA LLB||5 years|
How To Apply For PMSS Scholarship
All eligible candidates can apply online mode only on the official website no offline application will be accepted. The online registration is divided into 2 major steps. Here are the simple and easy steps for applying for the scholarship program.
Step-1 Registration Process
- The candidate needs to visit the official website of NSP.
- Click on “New Registration” on the right side on the website.
- Go through the application guidelines and read them carefully before apply.
- Then click on the continue button to proceed.
- Fill in all required details like name, date of birth, address, etc.
- Then click on the “Register” button.
Step-2 Complete the PMSS Application
- Then log into the portal using application id and password that candidates received on your registered mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number for a successful login that the candidate has given at the time registration.
- Candidates have to enter the OTP that he or she has received and Verify the OTP and change the password.
- Then login with the new password and fill in the scholarship application form correctly.
- Upload the scanned copy of all the certificates and supporting documents in JPG or PDF format.
- Once candidates filled all the details then finally click the submit button. Take a print out and keep it for future reference.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme PMSS Required Documents
Candidates need to scan their supporting documents before applying for the scholarship, here we have mentioned the list of required documents that are important for PM scholarship.
- Serving Certificate (in case of serving personnel) issued by HOO
- For candidates who belong to the family member served in the State Police, army, etc and got killed in the Naxal /Terror attacks they need a certificate from the concerned department.
- Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification like Class 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet or diploma mark sheets for all semesters.
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Death Certificate (Applicable for deceased personnel)
- Disability Certificate (Applicable for disabled personnel)
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners)
PMSS Scholarship Selection Criteria
This scholarship scheme distribution is taken care of by the Ministry of Home Affairs, below is the preference list is given to students in the following order or category.
taken care of by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the preference is given to students in the following order –
Category A: The first preference is given to the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed in action.
Category B: The second preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action.
|Enter Correct Details To Receive Fast Updates In Your Inbox.|
Category C: The third preference is given to the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service.
Category D: The next preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
Category E: Further, the preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
Category F: The next preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only).
Category G: Lastly, the preference will be given to the wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to the availability of the scholarship.
Note: The dependents wards of State Police Personnel who died during Naxal/Terror attacks will also be given preference.