The PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), fund by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. PM scholarship scheme aims to appreciate higher professional and technical education for the dependent wards and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel. This scholarship is started in the year 2006-07. The PM scholarship scheme has by far attracted lakhs of students. And this helped them make their dream career with ease.
PM Scholarship – Important Dates
When is the correct time to apply for the PM scholarship? Can you go for the scholarship all the year? What are some important dates about the scholarship that you must know? The answers to all these questions is cover in this section, the list given here, which contains the data of important dates related to the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme. While the fresh students accepted within a defined time limit, the renewal applications can be made all through the year. Latest News: The form for PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 has started from 16th August 2020 and will continue till 31st October 2020. Read more to know how to apply.
The PMSS Scholarship Scheme, PMSS, allows students through a scholarship for girls from INR 2,250 to INR 3,000 per month and a scholarship amount for males from INR 2,000 to INR 2,500 per month the youth for those doing higher education outside the state. Apart from the above scholarship amount, they also added 500 new scholarships given to the State Police officials who are/were killed in terror attacks.
Details of PM Scholarship Important Dates
Check the table here. Here we have full highlights of PM Scholarship 2020 Dates.
|1.||Online Registration/Filling of Application Form Starts||16th August 2020|
|2.||Last date to submit online application||31 October 2020|
|3.||Last date for verification of defective applications||15 November 2020|
|4.||End date for institute verification||15 November 2020|
|5.||Verification of application by CAPFs & AR||To be announce|
|6.||Preparation of merit list and Lot generation phase||To be announce|
|7.||Sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Directorate, MHA||To be announce|
|8.||Payment file generation||To be announce|
|9.||Disbursement of scholarship amount||To be announce|
|10.||Dispatch of personal letters from Honourable Prime Minister||To be announce|
Also read – List Of All Scholarship In India For Students
PM Scholarship – Eligibility
The candidates eligible for the PM scholarship can look here. What are the eligibility conditions that one needs to follow to get this scholarship? Which are the courses for which the scholarship is allowed? The answers to all these questions are in this section. The eligibility conditions that you need to fulfill for this scholarship includes:
- One must be a dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- One must be pursuing professional courses mentioned in the list below. (Note: Not accessible for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The least education qualification to apply for these courses should be class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- The Candidates should have scored at least 60% marks or above in the minimum educational qualification.
List of all eligible courses for PM scholarship
These are the PM Scholarship courses you can apply for. Do have a look at this.
|SL.||Course Name & Duration|
|1.||MBBS (4.5 years)|
|2.||BDS (5 years)|
|3.||BAMS (4.5 years)|
|4.||BHMS (4.5 years)|
|5.||BSMS (4.5 years)|
|6.||BUMS (5 years)|
|7.||BSc, BPT (4 years)|
|8.||BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology) (4 years)|
|9.||BVSc & AH (5 years)|
|10.||B.Pharma. (4 years)|
|11.||BSc Nursing (4 years)|
|12.||BNYS (5 years)|
|13.||Doctor of Pharmacy (4 years)|
|14.||BSc Optometry (3 years)|
|15.||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4.5 years)|
|16.||BTech (4 years)|
|17.||BE (4 years)|
|18.||BArch (4 to 5 years)|
|19.||MBA (2 years)|
|20.||BBA (3 years)|
|21.||BBM (3 years)|
|22.||BCA (3 years)|
|23.||MCA (3 years)|
|24.||BPlan (4 years)|
Also read – List Of Sarkari Yojana For General People
PM Scholarship Application Procedure
Here are the steps to be followed to apply for the PM scholarship. Can a candidate apply for the scholarship offline? No, the applications for PM scholarship is made online only. For the academic year 2020, the application will be through the National Scholarship website. Here is the step-by-step method for you to apply for the scholarship. Do follow this up.
- Step 1: Registering on NSP
- Go to the official website of NSP.
- Hit on “New Registration.”
- Go to the application guidelines carefully.
- Click to proceed.
- Enroll in all the required details.
- Hit on “Register.”
- Step 2: Complete the application
- Go into the portal using the application id and password received on your registered phone number.
- An OTP will be upon your registered mobile number for successful login.
- Verify the OTP and change your password.
- Once logged in, enroll in the scholarship application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of all supporting documents.
- Then, apply.
PM Scholarship Documents Required
Students need to scan their supporting documents before applying for the scholarship, here we have mentioned the list of required documents that are important for the PM scholarship.
- Serving Certificate (in case of serving personnel) by HOO
- Certificate issued by the state government indicating that the State Police personnel was killed in Naxal /Terror attacks
- Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) as applicable – Class 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet (for all years) or diploma mark sheets (for all semesters)
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Compulsory for Category A to F)
- Death Certificate (This is for deceased personnel)
- Disability Certificate (This is for disabled personnel)
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Compulsory for Gallantry Award winners)
PM Scholarship – Benefits
Eligible students benefit under this scheme every year, the number of females receiving this scholarship is equal to the number of boys receiving this scholarship. However, the sum of scholarship given to girls is INR 3,000 per month, and the amount of scholarship given to boys is INR 2,500 per month, paid yearly. Furthermore, the scholarship time may vary from one year to five years, depending on your course duration. Adding to this, 500 more scholarships (250 for boys and 250 for girls) will be given to the State Police Personnel wards who are martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks from 2019-20 onwards.
PM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Group A: The first preference is to the wards and widows of PM Scholarship CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action.
Category B: The second preference given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action.
Group C: The third preference given to the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service.
Category D: The next is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
Category E: Further, it is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
Group F: The next preference is given to Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only).
Category G: Lastly, It will given to the wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to the scholarship’s accessibility.
We will soon update. Do comment your doubts in the comment section.