One Nation One Ration Card Scheme – Modi Sarkari Yojana Online
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme on 14th June 2020. As per the announcement, the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme will implement in 20 states and union territories by June 2020. The Govt aims to implement the Sarkari yojana and achieve 100% portability of these cards across the country by March 2021.
According to the finance minister, this scheme will allow the migrant workers and their families to use the same ration card anywhere in the country. They will be able to access PDS from any Fair Price Shop in the country. Currently, the scheme covers 17 states & UT, and it will be covering three more states i.e., Odisha, Mizoram, and Nagaland, until June 2020.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
The Central Government will start the online application process for the “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme on the official website. The Government scheme aims to provide food grains in the subsidized price to the migrant workers & economically weaker sections during the outbreak of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Under this scheme, migrant workers and the poor people will be able to purchase foodgrains from any FPS by using their same ration card. So far, the facility of ration card portability will cover 20 states and UT by June 2020.
The Governments aim to implement the scheme in 23 states for 67 crore beneficiaries by August 2020. According to the finance minister, this scheme will cover 67% of ration cardholders by the end of this year. The online application process of One Nation, One Ration Card, is expected to begin soon. After that, the eligible applicants can apply for the same.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme Important Details
You can check the important details of the scheme from the below table:
|Scheme Name||One Nation, One Ration Card|
|Announced by||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Agency||Food Corporation of India|
|Beneficiary||Indian Ration Card Holder|
|Objective||Nation-wide portability of ration cards|
|Starting date of the scheme||June 2020|
Apply For Ration Card Online
Below is the direct link to apply for ration Card State wise.
|Name Of State||Link|
|Chhattisgarh||CG ration Card|
|Haryana||Haryana Ration Card|
|Bihar||Bihar Ration Card|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand Ration Card|
|West Bengal||WB Ration Card|
|Rajasthan||Rajasthan Ration Card|
Objectives of One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
You can check the objectives of the scheme given below:
- It will implement nation-wide portability of ration cards
- The ration cards will be linked to Aadhar card to prevent corruption in the country.
- The migrant workers & economically weaker sections of society will get the benefit of food security cards.
- The beneficiary of any state can purchase grain from any public distribution system shop
- The Government will use advanced techniques to bring continuous improvements in this scheme.
Advantages of Sarkari Yojana
You can check the advantages of the scheme given below:
- This scheme is beneficial for the migrant workers who work outside their state or move from one state to another in the search of employment
- Beneficiaries are not required to change their ration card under this scheme.
- It will help in identifying the fake ration card and will bring transparency in the country.
- This scheme will enable the beneficiaries to lift their quota of ration from the PDS of their choice.
- The FCI godowns will now operate online and the Govt is planning to integrate PDS with Depot Online System so that the movement of the foodgrains can be easily tracked.