NIOS Online Admission – Dates, NIOS Fees and NIOS Board Registration
National Institute of Open Schooling conducts the NIOS Online Admission twice a year. The NIOS Online Admission will be done via its online portal. The admission application for the 10th and 12th standard can be filed only through the official websites. The National Institute of Open Schooling gives admission to the students under different distance courses. Every year thousands of students register for the NIOS Online Admission. The candidates who are interested can read this article to get an idea of the process of the NIOS Online Admission.
National Institute Of Open Schooling
NIOS also is known as the National Institute of Open Schooling for various distant based courses. It is the board of the school that works under the Central Government. The school aims to create literacy among all the sections of society in India. The main aim of setting NIOS was to promote literacy to even the distant part of the country.
Every year around 3,50,000 students register themselves under NIOS Online Admission, this makes it the largest open school in the world. Recently NIOS has invited applications for the NIOS Online Admission of Block 2 for class 10th and 12th. In this article, we will discuss the important dates, eligibility, courses, etc related to NIOS Online Admission.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility of NIOS Online Admission
- NIOS Online Admission Fee
- NIOS Application and Registration Process
- Required Important Document
NIOS Online Admission Important Dates
The exams for the NIOS Online Admission are known as Block 1 and Block 2. The former is for the 10th level exam while the latter is for 12th standard. The important dates for the NIOS Online Admission are as follows:
|NIOS Application dates for Block-1||16 March to 31 July 2021|
|NIOS Exam Dates of Block -1||March/April 2021|
|NIOS Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 200 for Block 1||1 August to 15 August 2021|
|Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 400 for Block 1||16 August to 31 August 2021|
|Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 7|
00 for Block 1
|1 September to 15 September 2021|
|Application dates for Block-2||16 September to 31 January 2021|
|Exam Dates of Block -2||October/ November 2021|
|Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 200 for Block 2||1 February to 15 February 2021|
|Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 400 for Block 2||15 February to 29 February 2021|
|Admission dates for a late fee of Rs 700 for Block 2||1 March to 15 March 2021|
NIOS Registration Eligibility
There is separate eligibility which is for both the NIOS courses Block 1 and Block 2. The eligibility of NIOS Block 1 is as follows:
- The student should be a citizen of India.
- The student should have completed 14 years of age on 31 January 2021 for the Block 1 exam.
- And the student must have completed his 8th standard from a recognized school or institution.
- And the student must have the sound knowledge of all the subjects for appearing in the exam.
The eligibility for appearing in NIOS Block 2 exams are as follows:
- The student should be a citizen of India.
- The student should have completed 15 years of age on 31 January 2021 for the Block 2 exam.
- And the student must have completed his 10thstandard from a recognized school or institution.
- And the students who are fresh 10th pass outs will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
NIOS Application Fee
There are two courses that are offered by NIOS Online Admission in this process i.e. Block 1 for the 10th exams and Block 2 for the class 12th exams. The online application fee is Rs 50 for the NIOS Online Admission. The students will be required to pay Rs 750 for each additional subject they take up. The fee for the Block 1 course for all the categories for all the 5 subjects is as follows:
The fee for the Block 1 course for all the categories for all the 5 subjects is as follows:
After filling up the NIOS application form and payment of fees. It is very important that the student put an eye on the status of their admission application.
How To Apply for NIOS
The registration for the NIOS Online Admission under the NIOS application is done online on the official website. Make sure that you have all the necessary details by your side. Follow the below steps for filling the NIOS Online Admission application:
- Visit the NIOS official website nios.ac.in and after that click on the Register button.
- The NIOS Online Admission Registration section of the portal will ask for i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of birth, mobile number.
- Once you are done with filling all the basic details which are been asked then move on to the next section which is generating OTP.
- After this, an OTP will pop up which will help to invalidate all the details.
- Further, fill all other details such as an address, caste, the subject and then click on the declaration.
- Post this, upload all your documents available in a scanned format.
- Take a quick review, at last, to recheck all the details.
- At last make your payment, which can be done either through Debit card, Credit card, Net banking.
- After the successful payment, you will receive an SMS of fee payment.
- Lastly, take a print out of the application form and your payment receipt for future use.
NIOS Important Documents
There is a list of important documents that should be present with the students at the time of NIOS Online Admission application forms which are as follows:
- An identity proof which can be Adhar Card, Passport or Ration Card.
- Birth Certificate as proof of birth date. The 10th passing certificate will also work as a birth certificate proof for Block 2 admission.
- Recent Passport size coloured photo in scanned format.
- Caste Certificate for students who belong to Reserved castes that is SC/ST/OBC etc.
- Disability Certificate for students who have some physical disability as its proof.
- An Address Proof for which electricity bill/ Ration Card/ Adhar card will work.
- For Block 1 admission the students must have the class 8th final mark sheet from a recognized school.
- For Block 2 admissions students must possess their 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Scanned Signature mostly in Black Ink.