Mumbai University Admission 2020 – Application Form, Online Admission, Registration, Results
The University of Mumbai expected to release the Mumbai University Admission notice for all the UG/PG courses soon. The college is known to offer MU Admission for a lot of courses under different disciplines. The college will start the admission process soon in the month of July 2020 (tentatively). Every year the process of admission notice was released in the month of March, but this year the process is postponed citing the COVID-19. We will have a deep analysis of the whole admission process so read the blog till last.
Mumbai University Admission
MU is expected to release the Mumbai University Admission notification later in the month of July 2020. This exam is helpful in getting admission in different colleges that come under Maharashtra. Every year a lot of students fill the application for the Mumbai college Admission under various UG/PG courses. The students who wish to apply to MU Admission this year should wait with utmost patience. It has already released a notification citing the delay in the whole admission process.
The students who wish to register themselves for the admission have to appear for an entrance exam as decided by the authorities and the examination committee. There is a Separate Entrance test for the Undergraduate, postgraduate such as B. Tech and M. Tech courses. There is no provision of direct admission to the different colleges of Mumbai. Please check the Mumbai University Time Table for more information.
Important Dates of MU admission
The important timeline of the admission process is given in the table below:
|Admission Notice||Last week of June 2020|
|Application dates||July 2020|
|Last date for applications||31 July 2020|
|CET for Admission||August 2020|
|Declaration of CET Results||August last week 2020|
|Counselling Process||September 2020|
|Official Notification||Read here|
The Eligibility of all the courses at the MU Admission are as follows for all the courses:
- The candidate must be between the age group of 18-27 years.
- The college will give relaxation to the students belonging to the reserved category.
- The candidate applying for the admission should have completed his class XII exam with passing marks.
- The candidates who belong to the reserved category will be given relaxation in terms of age.
- The candidate who is the domicile of Maharashtra will be given preference.
- The students appearing for Master’s Course should have completed their Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
Application Process of UG/PG courses
The application link of the admission is active till the end week of July 2020. The application process of all the courses at the college are as follows for all the courses:
- Visit the official website,
- Click on new Admission.
- The students should submit the details asked in the registration form,
- Then, the student should select the course they wish to apply,
- After filling all the personal details, name, date of birth, gender.
- The students should note down the login credentials.
- After this upload, the candidate must upload a photograph and enter your academic qualifications.
- Once all these things are completed then pay the fees which are about Rs 1000 for the General candidates while 750 for all the SC/ST candidates.
- Make sure that you enter all the details correctly regarding the marks, date of birth, etc.
- The students are allowed to choose their center as per their preference.
- At last, take a printout of the application form and keep it for future use.
Documents Required for MU Admission
The candidates have to submit the following documents for the admission in the college:
- Printed Application Form of MU
- Four recent Coloured photo-graph
- Pass Certificate of classes X & XII
- Migration Certificate of class XII
- Character Certificate of the last school attended
- Any Photo Id proof
- Christian certificate and details (if applicable)
- Community Details
- Telugu Certificate (If applicable)
- Special Allocation
- Community certificate
University of Mumbai CET 2020
The college conducts a common entrance test for the students at different levels. The CET is like a screening process for the students who want to study any course at the college. The college chooses brilliant minds out of lakhs of application received through this exam. The common entrance has become a necessary prerequisite for admission in different colleges.
The UG CET for admission for the undergraduate is solely based on the 12th standard. The question asked in the exam is decided on the subjects that the student studies in the 12th standard. The students have to revise their syllabus of Inter exam and then sit for the exams for better chances of selection.
The PG CET for admission in the PG courses is based on the Undergraduate subjects. This is a post-graduate CET hence the question is on a tougher side as compared to the UG CET.
The MU counseling process will start once the college is done with the declaration of the results of the college of Mumbai CET. The counseling process will start from the last week of June and the candidates will have to register themselves for the counseling process after the CET results. All those students who are willing for admission in the college have to appear for the counseling process.
The candidates should make sure that they are present on the date with all the documents asked as failing to do that will cost them lose their seats.