JRF Scholarship 2021 – UGC JRF Application, Date, Eligibility Full Details
JRF Scholarship: In this growing era, choosing a research career in the educational field is excellent. By fitting for the UGC NET JRF Exam, students will get an academic research position. It will be in reputed universities or research institutes. To satisfy students’ appetite for knowing every detail. It is about the NTA UGC NET JRF Scholarship. We have provided every single detail in this article. Do check this out.
The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme of the University Grants Commission (UGC) is free to candidates who pass the National Eligibility Test-Junior Research Fellowship(NET-JRF) of the UGC and the UGC-Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (UGC-CSIR) joint test.
How much is the JRF Scholarship
JRF Scholarship Value– INR 31,000 (for initial two years) and INR 35,000 (for remaining tenure). The UGC has changed the rates of the Fellowship amount. It is under the UGC Scheme for JRF/SRF in Science, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
The applicants who wish to receive financial assistance under the UGC JRF scheme first require to develop in the UGC NET examination conveyed twice a year, and the candidates who qualify for UGC NET become eligible for JRF allowance.
The JRF scheme’s goal is to give opportunities to NET-qualified applicants to undertake advanced studies and research leading to M. Phil/Ph.
Check the JRF Scholarship Notification PDF
What is JRF Scholarship
The University Grants Commission grants scholarships to those capable applicants who suit the NTA UGC NET Exam with a worthy score. Those applicants can take complete hold of the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
The main purpose of the UGC JRF Fellowship is to give opportunities to worthy applicants to undertake advanced studies and research, leading to M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences has Languages and Sciences.
If students want to do a Ph.D. after their Masters’s, they must be either NET or JRF qualified. Most of the colleges require it for admitting admission. In the case of taking access, both NET E-certificate and JRF Letter have the validity of 3 years. It is from the issued date.
As per the UGC standards, only the applicants who qualify NTA UGC NET Exam can be available for the award of Junior Research Fellowship. Nonetheless, these are qualifying examinations only and do not bestow a fellowship upon the applicant.
UGC selects several fellowships to the universities that lie under the University Grants Commission, and only these schools can choose the applicants who can be awarded UGC NET JRF Fellowships.
As per the NET JRF Eligibility Guidelines, the Applicants who have passed in NET can only be finalized for UGC Scholarship by universities/colleges. Check the details for the JRF Scholarship here.
CSIR JRF Fellowship amount
The JRF Scholarship chosen applicant through CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) will get the stipend of INR 31000 per month for two years. Also, the annual grant of INR 20,000 per fellow will be given to the University / Institution.
JRF Dates And Events
Check the table here to know more about JRF Scholarship. Do have a look at this table to know more.
|1.||Application date||16th March 2020|
|2.||closing date||16th April 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)till 16th May 2020 (up to 04:00 pm)|
|3.||Last Date of fee submission||17th April 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)till 16th May 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)|
|4.||Correction in the application form||18th April 2020 to 24th April 2020|
|5.||Downloading of admit cards||For 24th & 25th September Exam – 19th September 2020|
|6.||Examination date||15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020
5th November 2020
|7.||Announcement of results on NTA website||To be announced|
JRF – Application Mode
Follow the steps here to apply for the JRF Scholarship Application.
- First, the candidates need to revisit the official website of NTA.
- Scroll under to go to ‘Quick links’ and click on ‘UGC NET’, which brings you to the link – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx.
- Now, enroll in the online application form of UGC NET with all the necessary data and note down the system created application number for future reference.
- Upload the scanned image and signature of the candidate in JPG/JPEG format.
- Now, the candidate needs to pay the fee by SBI_MOPS and keep the proof of payment.
- The applicant must take 4 printouts of the Confirmation Page after successful payment of the fee.
JRF Scholarship Exam Pattern
Now that know all about honors detail, eligibility conditions, and the application method must be thinking about the exam pattern of UGC NET. Find here the exam pattern. Look here to know more JRF Scholarship.
- The aspirants looking for two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Paper 1 covers 50 questions, and Paper 2 consists of 100 questions. So, in total, the applicants need to attempt 150 questions.
- The applicants must try all the questions of both the papers.
- Objective type of problems given in both the papers, in which Paper 1 is of 100 marks and Paper 2 is of 200 marks.
- Questions in Paper 1 are of general quality, and they aim to evaluate the candidate’s teaching/research ability.
- The questions of Paper 2 cover the subject chosen by the applicant.
We will soon update. Do comment your doubts in the comment section.