JIPMER MBBS Admission 2021 – Eligibility, Important Dates, Application Form, Process
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has two campuses, JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal for JIPMER MBBS Admission. JIPMER arranges a separate entrance exam for admission to the MBBS course up to 2021. However, with the implementation of the NMC Act, the JIPMER MBBS exam was by NEET. The total number of seats offered by the two campuses of JIPMER, combined, is 200. NEET is the only entrance test for admission to MBBS courses in India.
JIPMER MBBS Admission: Highlights of NEET 2021
Here we have the highlights. Do check this out here.
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Competent Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Level of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Frequency of examination||Annual|
|Number of Seats for JIPMER MBBS||JIPMER Puducherry: 150 seats|
|JIPMER Karaikal: 50 seats|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours|
|Medium of examination||English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, and Urdu|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Total Number of Questions||180|
JIPMER MBBS Admission 2021
It is necessary to check the NEET eligibility criteria 2021 before applying for the examination. Students found ineligible will not be allowed to appear for NEET. Even if a student somehow manages to clear the application method and does get admission into the desired course, the institute reserves the right to cancel his/her admission. To avoid complications, students are advised to go to the eligibility criteria before registering for NEET 2021.
Who is eligible to come for NEET 2021
Check the criteria here. This will help you out. Do have a look at this table.
|Qualifying Exam||Class 12 or equivalent|
|Core subjects for the qualifying examination|
|Age Limit||The minimum age should be 17 years as of December 31, 2021|
No upper age limit
|Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination||General – 50%|
General PWD – 45%
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Admission Procedure
For students looking for admission to the JIPMER MBBS course, has to appear for NEET. As mentioned here, NEET is the only undergraduate medical entrance exam in India. The examination is done by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The registrations for NEET 2021 examination will start in July 2021
- Students who wish to appear for NEET MBBS Entrance Exam 2021 had to register on the official NTA website and fill the application form
- After completing the NEET application form, students had to pay a registration fee to submit it
- The application/registration fee could be paid online via credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, aspirants will issue the NEET 2021 admit card
- He/she must download and print the admit card to appear for the entrance test
- NEET 2021 exam will be conducted soon.
- According to the NEET pattern 2021, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours
- The question paper will have 180 MCQ based questions, each carrying a weightage of four marks
- Once the examination is conducted successfully, NTA will process and announce the NEET result
- students who qualify for the examination will be a call to attend the NEET counseling
- Students must note that it is important to clear NEET 2021 to seek admission in JIPMER MBBS. The institute does not accept the marks/ scores of any other entrance test for this purpose.
JIPMER MBBS Admission 2021: Important Dates (NEET 2021)
|Online registration||June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of June 2021|
|Hall ticket availability||4th week of June to 1st week of July 2021|
|JIMPER MBBS 2021Exam||July 2021|
|Merit list publication||3rd week of July 2021|
|First counseling||4th week of July 2021|
|Second counseling||August 2021|
|Third counseling||August 2021|
|Final counseling ||September 2021|
JIPMER MBBS Seats
The number of JIPMER Seats to be filled for the MBBS session by competitive Entrance Examination conducted is as follows. The seat details of the admission session are represented here below. Check the table here. Do have a look here.
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28||9|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15||5|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7||2|
|P – UR||22||9|
|P – OBC||10||3|
|P – SC||5||1|
|P – ST||3||1|
|NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5||1|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Which exam should I take for admission to the JIPMER MBBS course
A. To secure a seat in the JIPMER MBBS course, you have to qualify for NEET 2021.
Q. What is the exam date for NEET 2021
A. NEET 2021 is scheduled to be held in July. The examination will be done in an offline mode.
Q. Can NEET 2021 be conducted in online mode
A. No, the examination will be conducted in offline mode only.
Q. How many marks are required to clear NEET 2021
A. A candidate belonging to the general category needs to score at least 50 percentile in NEET 2021 to qualify. For the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC and PwD category, the minimum aggregate required is 40 and 45 percentile, respectively.
Q. How many JIPMER MBBS seats will be allotted via NEET 2021
A. There are currently 200 JIPMER MBBS seats, which will be allotted through NEET 2021 counseling.
we will soon update. Do comment your doubts in the comment section.