JIPMER Inviting applications for BSc Nursing, BSc Applied Health Science, Apply before 20 Jan
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is now accepting applications for the B.Sc courses for the academic year 2022-23. Candidates can apply for the B.Sc Nursing and Allied Health Science courses online only. According to the official notification, the registration window will remain until 20th January 2023.
The eligible list of applicants will be published on the official website of JIPMER on or before 30th January 2023. The information on counselling and admission will be published on the 7th of February, 2023. Candidates should be prepared to attend the classes from 9th February 2023. However, these dates are tentative and subject to change. Any modification in the schedule will be notified on the JIPMER website. BSc Nursing & BSc Applied Health Science Course fees at JIPMER for the first year is INR 11,410.
Candidates can apply for the B.Sc admission at JIPMER in three steps-
- Entry of candidates’ details and upload required documents
- Confirmation page
How to Apply for Counselling?
- Visit the official website of JIPMER ( www.jipmer.edu.in )
- To start the registration process, search and navigate to the link’ JIPMER BSc (Nursing & Allied Health Sciences) Course Admission-2022-23 Academic Year’ on the homepage.
- The full name entered by the candidate in the application must match the applicant’s Govt. Photo ID card (Aadhaar Card / Pan Card / Identity Card / Driver’s License etc.) and class XII mark sheet.
- If the full name in both documents differs in terms of spelling or order of the name, candidates are advised to get it changed before applying.
- Candidates should fill out all the required details carefully. No further changes are allowed in the candidates’ details after submitting the online application form.
- Candidates must upload a scanned photograph, signature and other required documents to complete the application submission process.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button to complete the submission process.
- Candidates are advised to download a copy of their filled-in application for future reference.
- There is no need to send a hard copy of the completed application to the Institute.
- If the applicant finds any mistake in the entry filled by them in the submitted application after paying the submission fee, they must submit a new application. The previous application will automatically stand cancelled. No email or written communication will be considered in this matter.
Document Specification for scanned photograph and signature-
- The photograph with a light background should have been taken recently (on or after 1st January 2022).
- Only colour photograph is allowed. Black & White / Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- The photograph must be taken with a placard held by the candidate with the legible name of the candidate and the date of taking the photograph.
- The application will be rejected if the name and date are edited in the photograph after taking it.
- The photograph should be of 30 mm Width × 45 mm Height, the file name: “Candidate Photograp.jpg” (e.g. Rahul Photograph.jpg), size of the file should be between 20 KB to 80 KB.
- Candidate must upload a scanned signature, cropped to 80 mm Width × 35 mm Height, and saved as “Candidate Signature.jpg” (e.g. Rahul Signature.jpg); the file size should be between 20 KB to 80 KB.
- Candidate must sign on a plain white sheet of 80 mm Width × 35 mm Height with a black ballpoint pen.
Read More about BSc Nursing Admission
Documents to be submitted at the time of filling out the application form-
- Candidates should upload NEET UG 2022 scorecard in JPEG/JPG/PDF format.
- Candidates belonging to categories other than UR & P-UR are required to upload their cast/community certificate/Income & Asset certificate.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category should upload their PwD certificate.
- Candidates of the EWS category are required to upload their Income & Asset Certificates in the prescribed format.
- Candidates should scan the required certificate and save it as “Community/PwD/Income & Asset Certificate” in JPEG/JPG/PDF format.
- The accepted size limit for each certificate is 800 KB.
Here are the BSc courses offered by JIPMER, Puducherry-
- BSc Nursing
- Course Duration: 4 Years
- 94 seats are available for the BSc Nursing course; 85 seats are reserved for female candidates, and 5 seats are reserved for male candidates.
- BSc Allied Health Sciences Courses
- Course Duration: 4 Years (Inclusing 6 Months of Internship)
- BSc Allied Health Science Courses consist of 87 seats in total. Among these, 37 seats are available for the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences course. All other BSc Allied Health Science courses have 5 seats available for each course.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc courses in JIPMER-
- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian
- Candidate must have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) (NEET UG 2022) conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The candidate’s age should be a minimum of 17 years (completed the age limit on or before 31st December 2022) in the year of their admission to the 1st year of the BSc course, i.e., he/she should have been born on or before 1st January 2006.
- There is no upper age limit for admission.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examinations in the following manner:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after 12 years of study, the last two years of such study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
- The applicant must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology, and English with a minimum of 50% marks overall at the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes must have obtained a minimum of 40% overall marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology in the qualifying examination.
- PwD candidates of the general category should have a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Botany & Zoology.
Details regarding Counseling and Admission –
- The counselling for admission to BSc courses offered by JIPMER will be held in person at the Institute. The counselling details will be published on the official website with the eligible candidates’ list.
- Candidates on the published eligible list should report at the counselling venue within the stipulated time.
- Whose certificates are found in order and whose originals are verified will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- No new registrations will be accepted after 20th January 2023 under any circumstances.
- Seat allocation of the candidates will be based on the candidates’ choice, merit and seat availability.