Jadavpur University B.A. Admission in 2019: Application Date, Eligibility, Process, Important Dates
Jadavpur University invites applicants for the admission of their undergraduate programmes in arts for the session of 2019-2020. The faculty of arts in this university provides the admission to Bachelor of arts in honors courses. Interested and eligible candidates who have completed their higher secondary examination, apply through online via the official website of this university for various subjects in arts.
This is to inform all the candidates that they will check the important information about the BA admission 2019 at Jadavpur University including the application process, qualification, selection procedure etc. on this page.
Those candidates who are wanted to get admission in BA honors courses, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria and after that, they will fill the application form through online as per the schedule.
Final merit lists are prepared on the basis of their aggregate marks in higher secondary or its equivalent examination or the written examinations are conducted by this university.
It is requested to all candidates that they must choose their subjects as per the required marks of H.S. or the required marks in the written entrance test which is conducted by the university.
The tentative schedule for the B.A. admission in Jadavpur University is as follows:
|Last date of online submission of applications||12 Jul 2019|
|Last date of submission of P.D certificate||13 Jul 2019|
|Last date of submission of application fees||13 Jul 2019|
|Last date of submission of application fees||15 Jul 2019|
The tentative date and time of admission tests for the admission tests:
|English||23 Jul 2019||3.00 to 5.00 p.m.|
|Bengali||23 Jul 2019||12.00 to 2.00 p.m.|
|Philosophy||24 Jul 2019||11.30 to 01.30 p.m.|
|Political Science||24 Jul 2019||02.30 to 04.30 p.m.|
|Comparative Literature||25 Jul 2019||12.00 to 02.00 p.m.|
|History||25 Jul 2019||02.30 to 4.30 p.m.|
|Publication of Provisional Merit List for all Departments||19 Jul and 03 Aug|| |
- Candidates should know the vacant seats for the B.A. courses.
- All candidates need to check the notice regarding their admission.
- After the submission of the application candidates should keep an eye of the official site to check the break up of marks and date of counseling for the admission in B.A. honors courses.
- This University release selection lists regarding the application which are available in the official site.
Eligibility criteria for the B.A. courses for 2019 are available on the official site after releasing notification.
- Usually, a candidate must be passed H.S. exam before the application. Others information and guideline are released in the notification.
- After releasing the result of H.S., if a student interested in scrutiny or post-publication review for increasing the marks, the application of the candidates for admission may be rejected due to delay for the 2019-2020 session. The admission authority shall not be entertained the candidate and they do not consider the merit position of the candidate.
- Eligibility criteria for the specific subjects which are offered for the B.A. courses are released after the notification out.
- Eligibility criteria vary for the courses on the basis of the category of the students. Percentage of the subjects may vary on the basis of their category for each subject.
- All information regarding the admission available in jaduniv.edu.in. Visit the site for the latest update.
Students who are interested in English (Honours), will follow the below instructions:
- If a candidate passed the Cambridge International Examinations General Certificate of Education or the courses which are approved by British examining bodies, also recognized by AIU, will be attending the written admission test directly.
- They have to pass GCSE for at least 5 subjects.
- They should be taken one subject that is English in the course.
- The average score of their certificate course should not be less than the mentioned score for the applicants.
Application Form 2019
Application form for Jadavpur University B.A. admission will be available soon on the official website. It is requested to the candidate to fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the form. The irrelevant or incorrect application shall be canceled by the admission authority.
Students who are interested in Economics (Honours), will follow the below instructions:
- Marks of the mathematics which are obtained by the candidate will be included in the total marks to deduce the final score of a candidate.
- Final score calculated out of 500 and a candidate should apply as per the eligibility criteria which are mentioned on their site.
For Sanskrit and Sociology
The total marks are obtained by H.S. and Equivalent Examination for Sanskrit and Sociology (Honours).
For Comparative Literature, History and Philosophy:
Usually, the authority will focus on the aggregate percentage of the H.S. or the Equivalent examination and the obtaining marks of the written examination.
|Enter Correct Details To Receive Fast Updates In Your Inbox|
The total marks are obtained in Bengali and English in H.S. or the Equivalent Examination and the obtaining marks of the written examination, both marks are equally important for the admission.
Those candidates who are belonging from the sports category, PD category, need to check the website for the specified details of admission. They have to apply separately for the admission.