Ishan Uday Scholarship | Eligibility | Dates | Process | Results
Ishan Uday Scholarship is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission for the students of the North Eastern Region.
Under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
A monthly amount of up to INR 7800 is given to the scholarship winners every year until the completion of their degree course.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Objectives
They Started from the academic year 2014-15, the scholarship scheme aims is to encourage higher studies among economically weaker students and increase the enrollment ratio in the North East Region. Also, the UGC wants to promote professional education in the NE Region through the use of this scholarship scheme.
Ishan Uday Eligibility Criteria
Ishan Uday scholarship can be applied by the candidates belonging to the North Eastern States of India. Find below the complete detail of Ishan Uday eligibility conditions.
The applicants must have the domicile of the North Eastern states which comprise of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all the sources.
|Enter Correct Details To Receive Fast Updates In Your Inbox.|
The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
The applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course, including integrated courses, in any of the universities/colleges/institutes under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act, Deemed-to-be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC, State/Centrally-funded educational institutions, institutes of national repute and those institutes in which admission is made with AISHE code.
Transgender students are also eligible to avail the benefits of Ishan Uday scholarship.
Those students who are pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
How to fill Ishan Uday Scholarship Form
- First, Candidates require visiting department official website www.ugc.ac.in.
- Now search an appropriate link related to “Online Application for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019” and open it.
- After that visit to the “Students” section and follow the appropriate steps.
- The first step is to register your school name.
- Then Fill Online Application Form with required details as per format is given below:
- Name of the candidates
- Telephone no
- Now upload a recent photograph and required documents with the application form.
- Upload your all related educational certificates/income certificate and etc.
- Before to press the “SUBMIT” button read your filled form once again.
- At last, take the print out of this filled registration form for the further procedure.
Benefits from this Ishan Uday Scholarship
Students will get Rs 5800/- for a general degree course and 7800/- for technical/medical/ paramedical courses.
Documents Required For Scholarship
- Income certificate
- Resident proof
- The annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
Scholarship Important dates
|Application Begins||Not yet disclosed|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2019|