Ishan Uday Scholarship | Eligibility | Dates | Process | Results
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Scheme for North Eastern Region is being provided by the University Grants Commission. The scheme is famous for promoting higher education and encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section. This is of the NE region. The “Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme” for North Eastern Region was started from the academic session 2020. Check the full article here.
Ishan Uday Scholarship is a special scholarship scheme launch by the University Grants Commission for the students of the North Eastern Region. Do have a look at this all.
Under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year. Which is among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses. Which is including medical and paramedical courses.
A monthly amount of up to INR 7800 is given to the scholarship winners every year until the completion of their degree course. Read the full article here.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Objectives
They Started from the academic year 2014-15, the scholarship scheme aims is to encourage higher studies among economically weaker students and increase the enrollment ratio in the North East Region. Also, the UGC wants to promote professional education in the NE Region through the use of this scholarship scheme.
Ishan Uday Eligibility Criteria
- Ishan Uday scholarship can be applied by the candidates belonging to the North Eastern States of India. Find below the complete detail of Ishan Uday eligibility conditions.
- The applicants must have the domicile of the North Eastern states which comprise of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all the sources.
- The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
- The applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course, including integrated courses, in any of the universities/colleges/institutes.
- Transgender students are also eligible to avail the benefits of Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Those students who are pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
How to fill Ishan Uday Scholarship Form
Follow the Below step to the application form. Check the steps here. This will be helpful.
- First, Candidates require visiting department official website www.ugc.ac.in.
- Now search an appropriate link related to “Online Application for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020” and open it.
- After that visit to the “Students” section and follow the appropriate steps.
- The first step is to register your school name.
- Then Fill Online Application Form with require details as per format.
- Name of the candidates
- Telephone no
- Now upload a recent photograph and required documents with the application form.
- Upload your all related educational certificates/income certificate and etc.
- Before to press the “SUBMIT” button read your filled form once again.
- At last, take the print out of this filled registration form for the further procedure.
Criteria To Keep in Mind
Check the criteria here. This will be helpful. Do have a look at this.
- Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called
for during the year 2017-18.
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school within NER through any recognized Board of Education. This is including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only. They have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses. That is including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in universities / Colleges / Institutions recognized.
Benefits from this Ishan Uday Scholarship
Students will get Rs 5800/- for a general degree course and 7800/- for technical/medical/ paramedical courses.
Documents Required For Scholarship
- Income certificate
- Resident proof
- The annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
Scholarship Important dates
Check the table here. This will be helpful. Here we have dates and events.
|Application Begins||Not yet disclosed|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2020|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
A. No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes.
Q. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme.
A. Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal.
Q. Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate along with the online application form.
A. Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issue by the competent authority will have to be uploaded.
Q. Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
A. Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply?
Q. Are students enroll in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
A. No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
Q. Are students enroll in private/deemed universities eligible to apply?
A. No. The scheme is applicable for students of the first-year undergraduate courses and enroll in the following institutions are eligible to apply.
Few More Important Questions
Q. Are students enroll in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
A. Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will, however, draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
Q. Are students enroll in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
A. Yes. However, the awardee will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first-degree programme.
Q. Are all courses cover under the ambit of the scheme?
A. Yes. The scholarship will be award in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses.