IIT Kharagpur Cutoff – Cutoff, Admission, Selection, Application, Counselling
Notably, the minimum ranks required by the candidates to get admission in IIT Kharagpur. Likewise, it will form the IIT Kharagpur cutoff for the institute. The cutoff will undoubtedly be released by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in online mode. Similarly, the cutoff for IIT Kharagpur will include the opening and closing ranks of the candidates. Moreover, it should be noted that the authorities will release separate cutoffs for each course and category.
However, the authorities will also consider various factors while determining the cutoff for IIT Kharagpur, such as the number of applicants and seats. Likewise, candidates who will qualify cutoff for IIT Kharagpur will have higher admission chances at the institute. Hence, read the full article to know more about the cutoff for IIT Kharagpur.
- IIT Kharagpur Cutoff
- IIT Kharagpur Cutoff 2018
- IIT Kharagpur Admission
- Selection Process
IIT Kharagpur Cutoff
In general, the officials of the Indian Institute of Technology will release the IIT Kharagpur Cutoff. Similarly, the IIT Kharagpur Cutoff is for admissions into various B.E/B.Tech programs in IIT Kharagpur. Hence, the candidates who wish to secure admission in IIT Kharagpur must meet the officials’ cutoff.
Generally, the cutoff for IIT Kharagpur will be released only in online mode along with opening and closing ranks for candidates belonging to different categories. However, IIT Kharagpur cutoff will differ for different courses offered and different categories. Therefore, in this article, we will provide all the necessary information regarding IIT Kharagpur Cutoff.
Factors Determining Cutoff for IIT Kharagpur 2020
articularly, before getting into the details of IIT Kharagpur Cutoff 2020, let us have a look at the list of parameters considered by the officials to decide the IIT Kharagpur 2020 Cutoff:
- Firstly, the total number of applicants
- Similarly, Previous year cutoff
- Likewise, the total number of candidates appeared for the exam
- Additionally, the total number of seats
- Finally, the number of applicants
IIT Kharagpur Cutoff 2018
Generally, the Joint Seat Allocation Authority will announce the Cutoff for the JEE mains or JEE Advanced. Following is the IIT Kharagpur Cutoff for the year 2018.
|Agricultural and Food Engineering||General||4614||6890|
|Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering||General||3912||5892|
|Computer Science Engineering||General||92||272|
|Electronics and Electrical Communication||General||535||861|
|Industrial and Systems Engineering||General||2514||3630|
|Manufacturing Science and Engineering||General||3220||4324|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||General||3790||4758|
|Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering||General||4343||6240|
IIT Kharagpur Admission
Generally, the to IIT Kharagpur admission is mainly based on scores that candidates achieve in common entrance exams or IIT Kharagpur Cutoff. Moreover, exams are conducted on a national level. Similarly, for B.Tech and B.Arch programs, candidates have to clear and achieve a better score or rank in JEE exams, including JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exams. Hence, other processes that are involved are listed below.
- Firstly, for M.Sc and M.Sc-Ph. D, admission is based on the candidates’ JAM scores and counselling (CCMN).
- Similarly, M. Tech admission is based on The ATE score and counselling (CCMT).
- Indeed, Admission to MBA and MHRM is based on the CAT score, followed by PI and WAT.
- Likewise, IIT Kharagpur mostly grants admission for MMST, LL.B, LL.M program, an Executive MBA, and PGDBA courses through entrance tests and interviews.
- Moreover, PDF and Ph.D. admissions are mostly granted via a department-wise entrance test, which is followed by an interview.
- Finally, Admission for MCP-Ph.D. is made based on the CSIR/ UGC NET score, and an interview is also conducted.
Undoubtedly, in order to apply, candidates can fill the application form online by visiting the official website.
Steps to fill IIT Kharagpur Application Form 2020
- Registration – Undoubtedly, Candidates had to register using the details such as email id, password, GATE registration number, date of birth, category, and more.
- Filling the application form- Particularly, candidates had to log in to the account using the credentials.
- Additionally, after a successful login, the step was filling out all the required details such as name, contact number, qualifying degree scores.
- Uploading documents – Likewise, After submitting all the details, candidates had to upload the following documents in the specified format.
- Firstly, Qualifying degree certificate
- Similarly, Passport size photograph
- In the same way, Signature
- Likewise, Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Moreover, Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Additionally, PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Finally, a certificate showing proof of having Mathematics at 10+2 or degree level (wherever applicable)
- Payment of application form – Without a doubt, candidates also had to make the payment of the application form of IIT Kharagpur 2020 admission.
Generally, the authorities will offer admission to candidates based on the GATE score. Similarly, the authorities can also conduct an interview or written test of the candidates, along with considering the GATE score. In such cases, at least 70% weightage will be given to the GATE score. Moreover, the remaining at least 30% weightage will be given to the interview or written test. Hence, a personal interview will be conducted to test the following:
- Firstly, motivation and aptitude for the Programme
- Similarly, suitability for the department/center, and
- Finally, skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas.
Notably, candidates should note that in case a candidate fails to appear for an interview, he or she will not be offered admission.
Admission via Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
Generally, it is an Engineering Entrance Examination. Undoubtedly, it is conducted for admission in various engineering colleges in India. However, the exam is divided into two phases JEE Main and JEE Advanced; likewise, these exams are the most difficult and challenging undergraduate admission tests. Moreover, AIEEE was replaced by JEE Main for admission in NITs, IITs, and CFTIs. While JEE Advance for admission in IITs replaced IIT-JEE.Therefore, candidates who qualify JEE Main entrance are only eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced exam.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
It is mainly an exam conducted by IIsc, Bangalore, and seven other IITs, including (Delhi, Bombay, Guwahati, Kanpur, Madras, Roorkee, and Kharagpur). Undoubtedly, the exam is mandatory for students who seek admission to the Master’s program. Similarly, a direct doctoral degree in Engineering/ Technology and Architecture. Along with Doctoral programs in branches of science in institutes supported by government agencies and MHRD. Hence, the GATE score is also considered for the recruitment process of some Public Sector Undertakings (PSU).
IIT Kharagpur Placements
However, IIT Kharagpur gives an invitation to some of the best recruiters for the internship and placement program of its students. Similarly, more than 1500 students are placed every year in 250+ top brands with the industry’s best package. Therefore, the institute also organizes various programs and sessions. Hence, it helps students work on their communication and aptitude skills.
About IIT Kharagpur Cutoff
Generally, the institute’s motto is “Yogah karmas Kaushalam” meaning that doing your work well is yoga. Moreover, its mission is to expertise in Science, Technology, Management, and Law to equip students with skills to execute projects in these fields. Undoubtedly, it was established by the Government of India in 1951. Mainly, it is the first IIT to be recognized as an Institute of National Importance. Similarly, IIT Kharagpur has an 8.5 square km campus with around 22,000 residents. However, the academic staff in the institute is around 700, and the administrative staff is 1500.