ICWA Course Details – Duration, Eligibility, Course Types, Fee Structure
ICWA Course Details: ICWAI holds for Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India. The least duration for this course is 12 months. Also, it is the last level or the final stage before the practical training. The ICWAI course includes a diverse emphasis on the following subjects: Cost and Management Accountancy. If you want to become a Cost Accountant Management, then ICWA is the Course you need to proceed. ICWA is the title that widens your awareness of how to improve financial management competently.
ICWAI presently known as The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), is a gold regular instructional institution. It gives education, enhances skills, and aids the development of Cost Accountancy in India.
ICWA is an extremely beneficial course that allows aspirants to continue a career in Cost and Management Accountant. Bachelors are given accurate practical training to enhance graduates’ personality development and soft skills.
ICWA guarantees a balance between the possible resources and expenditures with the help of proper knowledge in Financial and Cost Management.
Required Skills for ICWA
- Applicants require skills that support the regulation and management of cost accounting purposes and methods.
- Aspirants must maintain an in-depth knowledge of standard procedures, concepts, and practices in the cognate Industry.
- Applicants must maintain adequate presentation skills and should be able to complete several tasks linked to the field.
ICWA Course Highlights
Check the table here to know more about the ICWA Course here.
|Full-form||Institute of Cost and Works Accountants|
|Eligibility Criteria||10(+2) from recognized board or institution|
|Fee||Foundation Stage- ₹4,000/-|
Intermediate Stage- ₹20,000/-
Final Stage- ₹17,000/-
|Remuneration Structure||₹3-5 Lakhs per annum/ $53k per annum|
Scope of ICWA
Scope of ICWA: As you complete the ICWA course, you can begin up your career as a Cost Accountant. ICWA degree owners are extremely required in the government sector, private enterprises, development agencies, banking & finance sector, education, and training areas.
Also Read – Courses After Class 12th
ICWA Courses Eligibility
- Eligibility Criteria for ICWA Foundation level: Applicants must secure a minimum aggregate in 10th from any recognized institution. Applicants should have obtained a minimum total in 12th from any recognized board or institution or equivalent. Candidates should be or should have achieved the age of 17 years to consider eligible.
- Criteria for ICWA Intermediate level: Applicants should have obtained a minimum aggregate in their Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2).
- Eligibility Criteria for ICWA Final level: Only those applicants who remain qualified in the ICWA Intermediate Stage from the institution are eligible to apply for the ICWA Final level.
ICWA Course Duration
- Foundation: Least 8 months term.
- Intermediate: Minimum 10-month span.
- ICWA Final: Minimum 18 months term.
ICWA Course Admission Method
The Admission process for ICWA will be on the ICWAI entrance examination led by the ICAI (Institute of Cost Accountants of India) for all the three steps of the exam- the Foundation, Intermediate, and Final exam. The ICWA examination is sent twice in the same year- June and December.
Those applicants trying to apply for the ICWA course exams in December are required to apply latest by June 30. Those applicants trying to apply for the ICWA course exams in June are required to reply latest by December 31 of the prior year.
Career Opportunities by ICWA Course
Check the career options here.
- Associate Professor
- Cost Controller
- Finance Director
- Chief Auditor
- Managing Director
- Financial Controller
- Chief Accountant
- Managing Director
- Chief Internal Auditor
- Chief Internal Auditor
- Financial Consultant
In India, the average pay for a fresher ICWA professional after completing the Course fluctuates between 3 to 4 Lakhs per annum. However, the graduate’s salaries depend on the Industry, experience in the field, and the Job profile. In the USA and other countries, the average wage for an ICWA graduate is around $53k per annum.
ICWA Course Admission Process
Admissions will be based on the ICWAI entrance examination arranged by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) i.e. Foundation, Intermediate, and Final exam. These examinations conducted two times a year, i.e. June and December.
Learners who are trying for applying for the entrance examinations in December month are required to apply most delayed by 30th June of the similar year. Those pupils who want to apply for exams in June month are required to apply by 31st December of the past year.
Check the official site to know more.
We will soon update. Do comment your doubts in the comment section.