The Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection has released the IBPS PO Notification on the official website. The students who were waiting for the notice for a long time can rejoice and apply for the post. The IBPS PO X has been released for 1417 posts which is tentative in nature and will increase. The students who wish to pursue a career as Probationary Officer in banks can apply from 05 August 2020 to 26 August 2020.
- IBPS PO 2020
- Highlights of IBPS PO
- IBPS PO Notification 2020
- IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates
- IBPS PO X Eligibility
- How to apply for the post of IBPS PO 2020?
- Documents Required For Application
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern
- Tentative Vacancies of IBPS PO X
- Salary Breakup of a PO
- Previous Year Cut-off of Probationary Officer
IBPS PO 2020
The IBPS PO application link is active on the official website for 1417 vacancies. The Probationary Officer is a management-level job in the bank. The person is absorbed as a Scale 1 officer in the bank and has to supervise the junior level staff of the bank. This post has a very good career growth as the aspirant can reach till the level of Regional General Manager. This time around 11 banks are participating in the IBPS PO X, the number of banks is less citing the merger that took place in the last 2 years.
Highlights of IBPS PO
|Organisation||Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection|
|Post||IBPS PO/ Probationary Officer|
|Total vacancies||1417 vacancies in different banks|
|Qualification||The student must have completed his graduation in any stream.|
|Application date||05 August 2020 to 26 August 2020|
|Selection process||Preliminary Exam|
|Preliminary Exam date||03.10.2020, 10.10.2020 and|
|Mains Exam Date||28 November 2020|
|IBPS PO Admit Card||Available soon|
|Direct Application Link||Apply now|
IBPS PO Notification 2020
IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of IBPS PO 2020 will be released later, but in due course, the important highlights are given in the below table:
|IBPS PO 2020 Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online Application||05 August 2020 to 26 August 2020|
|IBPS PO Phase 1 Exam||03.10.2020, 10.10.2020 and|
|IBPS PO Phase 2 Exam||28 November 2020|
|IBPS PO Interview||January 2021|
|Final Results||01 April 2021|
IBPS PO X Eligibility
The eligibility of IBPS PO is decided on 3 factors viz Age, Citizenship and Educational Qualification.
- The candidate should fall between the age group of 21-30 years.
- The candidates who come in the creamy layer are given age relaxations viz 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed his graduation from a recognised university.
- There is no minimum percentage required for appearing in the exam.
How to apply for the post of IBPS PO 2020?
The application form of the IBPS PO 2020 is available on the official website of SBI. The candidates need to follow the steps to fill the form:
- Visit the official website or click here.
- Click on Apply online,
- Open the application form of IBPS PO
- Click on new Registration on the portal,
- Enter your name, mobile number and email id on the portal,
- Note down the login credential details,
- Log in with your official credentials on the website,
- Attach candidate photo in the Jpeg format
- Upload candidate scanned signature and scanned copies of the documents asked
- Fill in all-important candidate details like Name, Address, Qualification
- Attach candidate thumb impression in the Jpeg format
- Upload candidate hand declaration in black ink in own handwriting,
- Pay the application fees which is Rs 850 for general candidates while Rs 150 for SC/ST candidates.
- Download the application form for future use
Documents Required For Application
The candidates have to submit the following documents to fill the IBPS PO 2020 form:
- Scanned Coloured photo-graph
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature
- Handwritten Declaration in Hindi or English
- Left thumb impression
- Marks obtained in graduation
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Phase 1 – Preliminary Exam
This is the first stage of the recruitment process it is a 1-hour exam comprising of 3 subjects. There is prescribed sectional timing for each subject and a total of 100 questions are asked at this level. The students are awarded 1 mark for every correct answer while ¼ is deducted for the wrong answer.
|Subject||No of questions||Total Marks||Sectional timing|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||35||20 minutes|
Phase 2 – Mains Exam
|Subject||No of questions||Total Marks||Sectional timing|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|General Economy||40||40||35 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Descriptive Test||2||25||30 minutes|
Phase 3- Personal Interview
The 3rd level of the selection process is the GD/PI in which only those candidates appear who have successfully cleared the level 2. The GD/PI is also allotted marks and candidates have to acquire the minimum cut-off as well to get finally placed in the merit list. The total marks allotted to the GD/PI round is 30 marks.
Tentative Vacancies of IBPS PO X
The tentative vacancies released by all the participating banks is equivalent to 1417. The vacancies are tentative in nature which means that they can be increased or decreased as per the needs of the banks.
|Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0||0|
|Bank of India||110||55||198||74||297|
|Bank of Maharashtra||37||18||67||25||103|
|Central Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0|
|Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0||0|
|Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||14||6||21||8||34|
|Union Bank of India||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
Salary Breakup of a PO
The salary of a candidate selected as an IBPS PO is approximately 8 lc-13 lc depending in the city of posting. The grade pay of a Scale 1 officer is 27,620 apart from this an employee is entitled to receive other allowances and perks.
Previous Year Cut-off of Probationary Officer
IBPS Preliminary Examination
IBPS Mains Examination
Final Cut-off for provisional allotment
|Category||Minimum Cut-off||Maximum Cut-off|