The IAS Exam which is also known as Civil Services Examination is conducted once a year. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the conducting body to organize the exam. This year the Prelims will be conducted in the month of June. The IAS Prelims exam will happen tentatively on 27th June and the Mains Exam will be conducted tentatively from 17th September.
The mode of the exam will be offline. It is a national level competitive exam that is conducted for recruitment to the Civil Services post of the Government of India which includes Indian Foreign Service, Indian Administrative Service, and Indian Police Service. The IAS Exam is conducted in three phases – Preliminary examination, Main examination followed by Interview (Personality Test).
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the exam notification soon. This article will help you to get an idea of the tentative dates, power, and benefits provided after cracking this exam.
Here we will share the information about IAS Exam 2021 along with tentative dates, power, and benefits of an officer. Before knowing more about the same, you must take a look at the exam brief details below.
|Name of the exam||Indian Administrative Service|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Times Conducted||Once in a year (Annually)|
|IAS Exam (Prelims)||27th June 2021|
|IAS Exam (Mains)||From 17th September 2021|
IAS Exam 2021 Tentative Dates
Mentioned below are the tentative dates below:
|Events – 2021||Tentative Dates|
|Notification of Exam||10th February 2021|
|Last date to apply||2nd March 2021|
|Release IAS Exam 2021 Hall Ticket (Prelims)||3rd week of May, 2021|
|Date of Prelims Exam||27th June 2021|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||July 2021|
|Release of Admit Card of IAS Exam 2021(Mains)||August 2021|
|Date of Mains Exam||17th September 2021|
|Declaration of Mains Result 2021||December – 2021 / January – 2022|
We suggest you keep an eye on the official website for the latest dates and updates.
Benefits of an IAS Officer
The benefits provided to an IAS officer are mentioned in the below points:
- Residence: Residence is one of the benefits provided after cracking an IAS exam. They are provided big houses with very little rent to pay. Besides residence facilities, they can also avail of the services of cooks, household maids, security guards, gardeners, etc.
- Transport: Officers also get free government transportation. For official purposes, they are allotted more than one vehicle with drivers.
- Bills: Officers get free telephonic, electricity, gas, internet services, and water services.
- Security: Because of their high profile job, they are provided security guards not only for themselves but also for their families. For their protection in case of life threats, they can get STF commandos.
- Trips: On both official and non-official trips, they get subsidized quarters in government bungalows or guest houses in different states. During their visit to Delhi, IAS officers can accommodate all facilities in their respective State Bhavans.
- Study Leaves: Another amazing benefit after cracking the IAS exam is that they can get 2- 4 years of study leave. One who has completed seven years of service can do courses at reputed foreign universities. The government will be undertaking the cost of such courses.
- Job Security: An IAS officer has full job security. It is not easy for anyone to fire them. It is one of the very important benefits offered.
- Lifetime Pension: Among other benefits is a lifetime pension on a monthly basis after retirement.
- Post-retirement: After retirement, you can get appointed to tribunals or commissions. Many private companies look for such officers for their talent.
- Other Benefits: Apart from all the above benefits, they also received – Gratuity, Provident Fund, Healthcare services, and etc.
Power of an IAS Officer
In case you crack the IAS exam, you will enjoy lots of roles, and responsibilities because of their high-ranked job. Some of the power of an officer is mentioned in below points:
- An IAS officer has the power to supervise and implement developmental work and look after the administration of an entire state/department/district/ministry, and others in the areas which are allotted under their jurisdiction.
- They also have the power to manage infrastructure and government affairs and can allocate and distribute funds that are required to execute government policies.
- A civil service officer after cracking the IAS exam has the power to bring positive changes in the lives of the people by serving the people and country.
- The power to serve the country and the people are different. For the progress of the country, only the Indian Administrative Service gives the opportunity to take an active and direct part. They have the power to serve the country by using one’s abilities and talents.
- They have the power to influence policies on education, social initiatives, the economy, and health.
Because of such a reputed and high job profile, you can avail of all the above benefits and powers. So if you are an aspirant this year, the above information must be quite motivating for you to gear up with the preparation. Stay tuned to our blogs further for more such information like this.