GATE 2020 Application Form | Date, Fee, Document, Process To FIll Form
GATE 2020 Application Form: The GATE Online registration for 2020 will be released on 03 September 2019. The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is the controlling and processing system for the GATE exam form on their official website appsgate.iitd.ac.in. Candidate can appear to the GATE 2020 online Application Form at GOAPS, it will be activated for the registration on the day of releasing the application form only.
The GATE Application Form 2020 is available in the online mode only and the application fee is Rs. 1500/- (and Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/PWD/Transgender and female candidates).
The Gate application fee is 1500 for general and 750 for PWD/ ST/ PWD /Female and Transgender. The application is available only on online mode only no offline form will be accepted by the authority.
Only online payment mode accepted for application fee only. The exam will be organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), GATE is a competitive exam to check the ability of a student who had passed their graduation engineering. The Gate score is very important for students to get admission M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc programs in any of the leading institutes in the country.
The GATE score is also used by many public sector undertakings (PSU) (i.e., government-owned companies like Indian Oil, GAIL, and Hindustan Petroleum, etc.) for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions, to get Fellowship Programs from CSIR and Scholarships in ME/M. Tech and many more.
- Gate 2020 Application Form Dates
- GATE Application form 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- GATE Application Form Fee
- Important Dates For GATE application form 2020
- How To Fill GATE 2020 Application Form
- GATE Application Form 2020 Important Details
- Exam Pattern for GATE Exam
- List Of Documents For Required GATE 2020 Application Form
- GATE 2020 Results Date
Gate 2020 Application Form Dates
Below are the important dates for the GATE exam it is advisable to all mark in your calendar.
|Application Form Available from||03 Sep 2019|
|Last date to fill the online application form||24 Sep 2019|
|Last date to fill with late fee||01 Oct 2019|
GATE Application form 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is very important for candidates to know the eligibility for those who are applying the GATE exam. If any candidate applied for GATE and you are not eligible then your application will be terminated and your fee will not be refunded. Below is the eligibility for GATE.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and final year students can also apply.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE Application Form Fee
Below is the Gate 2020 Application Form Fee reservation wise.
|Category||Application Fee||Application Fee with Late Fee|
|General / OBC||1500/-||2000/-|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu exam centers||USD 50||USD 70|
|Dubai/ Singapore exam centers||USD 100||USD 120|
Important Dates For GATE application form 2020
It is a very good habit to know the important dates for Gate exam and it also helps in making strategies to crack the exam.
|Starting of Registration||3rd September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form & fee||24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||1st October 2019|
|Application correction window opens||4th week of November 2019|
|Corrections in Category/PwD Status/Gender/Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||Last week of October to 1st week of November 2019|
|Last date to make changes in exam city by paying an additional fee||15th November 2019|
|Availability of Mock Test||November 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||February 2020|
|Declaration of Results||16th March 2020|
|Release of Score Card||20th March 2020 to 31st May 2020|
|Counselling process||1st week of April 2020|
How To Fill GATE 2020 Application Form
To help the GATE aspirants below are the simple steps to fill the form online. We suggest every candidate follow step by step guide it will fill the form
- GATE Registration – Register as “New User” button available on the GATE website. After successful registration, you will get access to GOAPS with the credentials you entered.
- Fill GATE Application Form – Login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password and start filling the GATE application form.
- Upload Documents – Upload Image, Signature, Eligibility Certificate, SC/ST Certificate and PwD Certificate as per the given specifications.
- Payment of Fees – Payment can be done through credit card, debit card or net banking only.
Enter the following details as per the documents-
- Name of the Candidate
- Email Address
- Country of Residence
- Mobile Number
- Create your Password – It should be unique and 8-15 characters long.
- Enter the Captcha and click on ‘Submit. ‘
- If all the details are correct, an SMS and an email will be sent to your mobile number and email address respectively.
- Enter your email address, active mobile number and create a GOAPS password.
- GOAPS password must be unique. Avoid using Date of Birth, your name or some numbers (12345) or string of letters (abcd) etc.
- All communication will be done through the registered mobile number and email id.
- In the case of foreign students, all the communication will be done through the email id.
Enter the Enrollment ID and Password that have you created to proceed with the GATE Application online Form filling process. Go through GATE 2020 Information Brochure and read all the given instructions. There are 4 subsections under stage 2 of How to Apply for GATE 2020. The detailed process is explained below-
GATE 2020 Exam Details: Select the GATE 2020 Paper you wish to appear in. Select your examination country and subsequently pick 3 choices of GATE Exam Centers.
Note: While selecting the exam cities, the first two choices must be of the same GATE zone and the third one can be from any sector.
Applicant’s Personal Details: Don’t forget to Verify Email Address and Mobile Number. On clicking the Verify Button, an OTP is sent to the registered email id and mobile number. Enter your personal details like Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Category.
|Enter Correct Details To Receive Fast Updates In Your Inbox.|
GATE Application Form 2020 Important Details
Below are the important details for the GATE application it is very important to know the details before applying.
|Exam Name||GATE 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Exam Level||All India Level Based|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Conducting Authority||7 IITs and IISc, Banglore on a Rotational basis.|
|Question Types||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||65 MCQs|
|Time allotted||3 Hours|
Exam Pattern for GATE Exam
It is very important to know the GATE exam paper pattern to know the subjects, marks distribution and duration of exams that not only help candidates to clear the exam but also to make strategies for preparation in advance.
The GATE exam has questions that test the General Aptitude (Language and Analytical Skills) & Engineering Mathematics apart from the core subject of the paper. Below is the pattern for the GATE examination.
- 65 Multiple Choice Questions for 100 marks
- Duration: 3 hours
- 1/3rd negative marking
- 10 General Aptitude questions for 15 marks
- Compulsory Engineering Mathematics questions for 15 marks
- Exam Mode Online
- Marks Each Question: Some questions carry of 1marks and some of 2 marks
- Number of Papers: 23 (different for every discipline)
Patterns of Question papers
Negative Marks for wrong Answer
|Electronics and Communications Engineering (EC),
Instrumentation Engineering (IN),
Electrical Engineering (EE),
Computer Science and IT (CS),
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Civil Engineering (CE)
|Q.1 to Q.25: Will carry one mark each (sub-total 25 marks).||1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.|
|Q.26 to Q.55: Will carry two marks each (sub-total 60 marks)||2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.|
|Q.48 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).|
|Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of question.|
|Q.56 to Q.60: From General Aptitude (GA) will carry one mark each (sub-total 5 marks).||1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.|
|Q.61 to Q.65: From GA will carry two marks each (sub-total 10 marks)||2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.|
|Each of these papers will have some questions on Engineering Mathematics carrying 15 marks.|
NOTE: Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Numerical types question. For the 1 mark question will deduct the 1/3rd mark and 2 marks question will be deducted 2/3rd marks.
List Of Documents For Required GATE 2020 Application Form
Below is the list of compulsory documents that will be required at the time for filling the GATE 2020 application form.
|Personal information||name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, etc.|
|Address for Communication||Pincode, state, city, building/house number, street name, landmark|
|Eligibility degree details||in case the candidate has already passed the qualifying exam or a provisional certificate in case of appearing the qualifying degree|
|Academic Institute details||College name and address with PIN code|
|GATE Paper||name and code of the GATE paper applying for|
|Candidate’s photograph||Scan as per specifications|
|Candidate’s signature||Scan as per specifications|
|Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format||Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute|
|Category certificate (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable)||Scanned copy in pdf format|
|Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)||in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)|
|Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)||in PDf format|
|Details of the valid Identity Document||Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License|
|Fee payment details||Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment|
GATE 2020 Results Date
The GATE 2020 exam Result will be announced in the last week of March 2020. Applicants are requested to regularly check the official website to check his/her results updates. The score of GATE is valid for 3 years. The result will be declared only on the official website no offline result will be declared. It is suggested the candidates download their results for future use during the time of admission. The result will be download in PDF format only and please check k your details in the result like name, date of birth Etc.
For more information Click Here and any query please write your question in the comment box below.