DTU Admission 2020 – Date, Application, Eligibility, Fee, Merit List, Process
DTU Admission 2020 is expecting to start soon. The University has already released the admission notification for various courses. The Delhi Technological University releases the application form on the official website. The admission process of all programs takes place in online mode only. Therefore is no offline mode available. The University offers admission for Undergraduate(UG) and Postgraduate (PG) courses.
Therefore candidates who want to take admission in DTU need to fill the application form. Eligible candidates can apply for admission on the official website. Also, they can apply directly from the link provided here. To know more details about the admission, scroll down this page.
DTU Admission 2020
Delhi Technological University is formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering. University offers many UG and PG and doctoral courses. This year no entrance exam will be conducted. Admission will solely be base on the JEE Main score.
Therefore admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses is through Joint Admission Counselling. Moreover, admission to the other courses admission, such as B.Tech Evening, B.Tech LE, M.Tech, Ph.D., is done directly by DTU. USME offers admission to BA (H) Economics and BBA courses. Therefore B.Tech (Regular) admission is based on a valid score in JEE Main followed by JAC. Admission to B.Des. It is given based on the UCEED score. For the M.Tech course, candidates need to pass GATE.
Similarly, MBA admission offered based on a valid score in CAT followed by GD and Interview.
Ph.D. admission is done based on Screening Test and Interview conducted by DTU.
Delhi Technological University Important Dates
Candidates who are are eagerly waiting for the application form then your search ends here. The important dates related to admission are mention below, or aspirants can also check DTU Datesheet.
Therefore aspirants can check the dates from the table given below. Below given dates are the expected dates. So, don’t take the below dates as confirm dates.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Ph.D. Registration Last Date||13th June 2020|
|Ph.D. Examination Date||01st July – 02nd July 2020|
|BDes Registration Date||08th June – 30th June 2020|
|MBA (BA) Registration Date||28th April- 2nd June 2020|
|MBA (BA) Interview Date||16th June – 17th June 2020|
|MBA Registration Date||12th February – 28th April 2020|
|BTech Registration Date||15th June – 23rd June 2020|
|BTech (Evening/Lateral Registration Date)||11th June – 04th July 2020|
|BA (H)/BBA Registration Date||09th June – 07th July 2020|
|M Tech Registration Date||8th May-13th June 2020|
DTU Admission Eligibility Criteria
Before applying, aspirants must check all the eligibility criteria of DTU Admission 2020. Because often aspirants candidates without knowing criteria, aspirants face problems at the time of taking admission into different courses. Therefore candidates need to fulfill all requirements of eligibility criteria to apply in DTU.
We have provided the eligibility criteria below. So, candidates can check the requirements from the given below.:
- The basic education qualification of the candidates should be 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry from a recognized school within the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Required passing percentage to sit for DTU 2020 is 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry (passing each subject separately)
- For Ph.D. courses, candidates must have a Master’s degree in the relevant stream from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% (50% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Therefore candidates must pass in English as a core or elective subject.
- The JEE Main 2020 qualifications are that aspirants should at least score 60% marks.
- The minimum age limit of the candidate should be 17 years during admission.
- The Maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Candidates from Scheduled Caste (SC) exceeded by 5% and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 27% of the seats reserved for the Other Backward Classes belonging to the “Non-Creamy layer.”
- 5% reservation in each category for the candidates with Disabilities.
- 10% reservation for the aspirants belonging to Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- And 5% reservation is for Defence Personnel
- 1 seat will reserve for the candidates of Kashmiri migrant over the total seats.
- Also, one seat for a single girl child, with no siblings, and belongs to Delhi or Delhi NCR.
DTU Application Form
The application form has been released online at the official website. To complete the admission process of registration, a candidate needs to fill the form. Aspirants need to download the application form from the official website. After downloading the form, candidates need to fill all the required details online. There is no offline mode available Along with the application form attach passport size photograph and signature.
After filling the form, candidates need to submit the form to the university. Therefore aspirants must submit the form along with demand draft of Rs 1000 on or before the last date for Ph. D. courses.
The Draft must be drawn in the name of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University.” Owing at “Delhi.”
DTE Application Fees
To get admission, candidates need to pay application fees. The application fees for all the courses are the same. Candidates need to pay Rupees 1500 as registration fees. Application fees can pay in two ways.
Candidate and make the payment through the bank challan, which is accessible from the official website.
Or pay the fees through debit/credit card or net banking (via Gateway Service).
Therefore make a note that application fees are non-refundable once it paid. In the case of E-Challan, candidates can pay fees from any branch of the Indian Bank.
How To Fill DTU Admission Application form
Candidates must read all the instructions before filling the form. Therefore fill the form neatly and cleanly. Also, stay tuned with all the latest college updates. If in case anyone faces any confusion, immediately contact the person-in-charge.
The following steps of how to fill the form is mention below. Therefore aspirants can follow the below steps and can apply easily.
- Firstly visit the official website of Delhi Technological University.
- The official website link is dtu.ac.in
- Or you can directly apply here – Click here.
- After visiting the official web portal, register yourself with the required details.
- Then after registering, get your ID and Password.
- Once the registration is complete, choose your respective courses.
- Now fill up the application form providing all the information.
- After infiltrating all the details, upload your scan photograph with signature.
- Therefore now submit the Application form.
- Then pay the application fees.
- Save or download the DTU application form.
- Also, take out a hard copy for further reference.
Documents Required during DTU Admission Process
Moreover, Documents required during DTU Admission 2020 given below. Therefore aspirants must check all the details before applying for admission. The list of documents are-
- Aspirants 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Graduation final year degree mark sheet.
- Candidate recent 2 passport size photograph
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Age proof Certificate
- Reserved Category or Subcategory certificate
- Caste Certificate proof.
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate
- CAT score card for MBA & EMBA courses
- A hard copy of the Application form.