NTA will prescribe the CMAT 2020 exam pattern for the students aspiring to appear for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT). However, as per the previous year trend, exam pattern of CMAT 2020 will consist of a total of four sections viz., Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, and Language Comprehension.
Furthermore, CMAT exam pattern 2020 will mention the number of questions in each section and their marking scheme. Undoubtedly, before appearing for CMAT, aspirants must go through the exam pattern of CMAT 2020 to score well by performing efficiently. Read this article to know in detail about the CMAT 2020 exam pattern, marking scheme, syllabus and all other information.
CMAT Exam Pattern
The National Testing Agency will conduct the exam pattern for the candidates and those applicants who have applied for the examination of CMAT, and they must have to prefer the pattern for the better preparation of examination. Similarly, with the help of the exam pattern, candidates will be able to know the structure of the question paper. Likewise, the exam pattern may include several questions, type of questions and negative marking.
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam mode||Computer Based Test(CBT)|
|Duration||180 minutes/ 3 hours|
|Number of questions in each section||25 questions|
|Total number of questions||100 questions|
|Marks allotted for every correct answer||4 marks|
|Sectional time limit||No|
CMAT Exam Pattern- Highlights
- Firstly, CMAT 2020 is in online mode.
- The total number of questions in the exam paper will be 100, and candidates will get 180 minutes to answer all the questions.
- There is no sectional time limit in CMAT, but the candidates must beware of negative marking for wrong answers.
CMAT Exam Pattern-Marking Scheme
As per the marking scheme of CMAT exam pattern 2020:
- For every correct answer, the candidate is given four marks
- For every incorrect answer, there is a deduction of one mark
- In case a question has multiple correct answers in such a situation:
- Multiple correct options are of four marks
- Incorrect answers will lead to a deduction of one mark.
- Unattempted questions are not marked.
- In case a question is irrelevant then all students will get four marks.
CMAT Exam Pattern- Syllabus
CMAT Syllabus will contain questions from Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Technique & Data interpretation, General Awareness, and Language Comprehension. However, there will be no prescribed syllabus by the authority for the exam preparation.
|Name of the Exam||Common Management Admission Test(CMAT)|
|Name of the Organization||National Testing Agency(NTA)|
|Type of the Test||National Level|
|Sub Categories||Management Entrance Exams|
In the Logical Reasoning, the questions will generally be from the topics like Statements and conclusions, Puzzles, assumptions and conclusions, Cause and effect, Missing term in the figure and Arrangements (sequencing and arranging with conditions, seating and linear).
Quantitative Technique & Data interpretation
In the Quantitative Technique & Data interpretation, the questions will generally be from the topics of Geometry, Time and Distance, Simple equations Numbers, Time and Work and Profit and Loss. Also, topics like Modern Math and Arithmetic operations are important.
In the Language Comprehension, the questions will be generally from the topics like identification of word meaning by selecting correct synonym and antonym, Para-jumbles, idioms, fill in the blanks, identification of correct sentence and sentence correction etc. Also Reading comprehension passage forms an important part of this section.
The General Awareness Section will contain questions mostly from Current, Business & Economics and Conventional topics. Candidates must have basic knowledge of History, Science, Book authors Inventions and Indian politics. Current affairs will be asked especially from Economics and Business sections.
The candidates must check CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern before starting the test preparation. The Exam Pattern will tell candidates about the Type and number of questions, Exam mode, Total marks, Subjects and Marking Scheme of the paper.
CMAT Cut Off
The cutoffs are available with the results of admission and seat allotment. Cut off CMAT refers to minimum scores at which colleges shortlist. The cutoffs are separate for all the reservation categories and general category. Once the CMAT cut off is out the candidates can form an idea of the college they would want to apply. This idea can be more concrete by comparing the cutoffs for the previous year.
Here are a few more preparatory tips for candidates to prepare better for the CMAT exam:
- Practice all the topics in the syllabus. Do not leave any topic for the last few days. It is the right time to practice and polish knowledge.
- Do not burden with any new topic, formula or shortcut right before the exam. Focus on assimilating whatever learned in the last few months.
- Start analyzing performance by appearing in mock tests. A lot of mock tests are available online.
- Try giving as many mock tests as they can to build up speed and understanding of examination.
- Have a clearly defined strategy and sequence of attempts. Invest more time into the Mathematics and Reasoning section.
- To prepare well for the GK section be thorough with all the news and current affairs that have happened in the last 6 months.
- Expect the Reasoning section to be lengthy and Maths section to be challenging.
- Hence, do not get stuck at one question and keep moving forward. Do not lose confidence if candidates cannot answer a question.
- Spend at least a few hours of the day daily towards reading newspaper headlines, editorials, magazines.
- Try to be as diverse as possible in choice of topics ranging from politics, economics, technology, and sports. It will relax mind, help in comprehension and add to GK repository.
- Please ensure to sleep well for a minimum of seven-eight hours during the night. Maintain a healthy diet and do not take a mock on the day before CMAT exam