Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2020 Form – SVMCM Application Form, Date, Eligibility
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship also is known as Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM), is launched by the Government of West Bengal. SVMCM Scholarship is the scheme to assist the talented & meritorious economically backward students.
This scheme is applicable only for the students who are studying in regular mode of Class 11 and 12, UG level in Science/Arts/Commerce, Engineering, Medical, and Technical / Professional courses and PG students who are pursuing Science/Arts/Commerce. Bikash Bhavan Scholarship will be sanction to the students based on Merit and Financial need.
The application form for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship will release shortly on the official website. Candidates need to check the official website for further updates regularly. You can explore this article to get the latest information about the WB Scholarship.
- Key Points of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
- Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Important Dates
- SVMCM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- How To Apply For Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Online
- SVMCM Scholarship Renewal Application Process
- Benefits from SVMCM Scholarship
- Important Documents for Fresh Applications
- Important Documents for Renewal Applications
- Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Sanction Procedure
Key Points of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
Those who are interested in this scheme should also know its essential vital points. They can check it from the below list:
- The applicant should be a citizen of West Bengal.
- Candidate must have passed the previous qualifying exams conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/Madrasha Siksha Parishad.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not be more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per Annum.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Important Dates
You can check the important dates of the Scholarship application form from the below table:
|Fresh Application Opening Date 2020||07th October 2020|
|Fresh Application Closing Date 2020||No Fixed Date|
|Online Application for Minority Students||July 2020-November 2020|
|Renewal Application||September 2020|
SVMCM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You can check your Bikash Bhavan Scholarship eligibility to apply as per different course from the below table:
|Courses||Eligibility Marks in the last qualifying exam|
|PG Courses||53% for SVMCM|
45% for K-3 applicants
|Non-Net M.PHIL./Non Net PH.D.||N/A|
|UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) and other Professional Courses (AICTE Approved)||UG: 75% 2. 75% in Diploma Course from WBSCT. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute in West Bengal.|
|UG (Medical Degree) and Diploma Courses||75%|
How To Apply For Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Online
You need to check the given steps to apply for the SVMCM Scholarship online:
- Visit the official website of SVMCM mention above or visit https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
- Now you have to click on Registration option on the homepage of the website
- Firstly to register yourself, you need to fill the registration form. You will get a confirmation mail & activation code in your registered mobile number &email id. Now you can activate your account and have to log in with your Registration no & Password.
- Secondly, after login, you need to fill the rest of the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship application form and upload your Passport size scanned photo & signature.
- In the third step, you need to upload all the necessary documents.
- Now, after the successful upload, you have to check the application in view mode and click on “Submit” to complete the application process.
- Post that, there will be no option to edit the details. If modification is need after submission, then you can contact concerned HOI for unlocking the application.
SVMCM Scholarship Renewal Application Process
You can check the given steps for the renewal application process:
- Visit the official website mentioned above
- Now you have to click on Applicant login option on the homepage of the website
- You can log in directly with their previous Id & password
- After a successful login, the dashboard of the applicant will appear.
- Now you have to click on “Edit Profile” or “Edit Application.”
- In the next step, you only have to upload the image & signature as the other fields filled up during the registration time.
- Now you have to check the application in view mode and click on “Submit” to complete the application process.
Benefits from SVMCM Scholarship
The amount that the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship applicants will receive in their respective courses is mentioned in the below table:
|Courses||Scholarship Rate Per Month(Rs)|
|UG Courses||1000/- for Arts & Commerce|
1500/- for Science & Professional Course
|PG Courses||2000/- for Arts & Commerce|
2500/- for Science & Professional Course
|Non-Net M.PHIL./Non Net Ph.D. and Net-LS PH.D||5000/- & 8000/- Respectively.|
|UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) and other Professional Courses (AICTE Approved)||5000/-|
|UG (Medical Degree) and Diploma Courses||5000/- & 1500/-Respectively.|
Important Documents for Fresh Applications
Here is the list for documents that the applicants must-have to apply for the scheme:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Exam or its equivalent exam
- Mark sheet of the last qualifying exam
- Income certificate of family
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate issued by the concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook
Important Documents for Renewal Applications
Here is the list for documents that the renewal applicants must-have to apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship:
- Copy of the Marksheet of the last exam in the present course of study
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Sanction Procedure
After the candidates successfully submit their application form in the portal, then the selection procedure will be as follow:
- The arrangement of scholarship cases would be in descending order on the basis of score obtained in the qualifying exam apart from income/means criteria.
- The scholarship would be sanctioned on the basis of the merit list & availability of funds. The funds may be transferred to the beneficiaries’ accounts if the documents are correct.