ASTU Admission 2021 – Assam Science and Technology University UG/PG Admission
ASTU Admission 2021: Assam Science and Technology University Application Form Last Date extended till 20th June 2021. It offers admission in various course UG Courses such as B. Pharm and PG Courses such as MCA, M.Tech., M.Pharm., etc. Assam Science & Technology University is affiliated with the University Grants Commission (UGC). So, ready students can take this opportunity to apply for admission to engineering colleges that affiliated with ASTU.
On this page, candidates will get details of Assam Science & Technology University 2021 including Application Form, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exams Dates, and How to Apply.
ASTU Admission Important Date and Events
Here, University giving the tentative exam schedule for the Assam Science & Technology University entrance exam 2021.
|Application start date||25th June 2021|
|Application end date||10th August 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||10th August 2021|
|Admit card release date||4th September 2021|
|Exam date for JLEE/JMEE||12th September 2021|
|Result date||28th September 2021|
ASTU Admission 2021
ASTU Admission 2021 Application Form Last Date has been extended till 20th June 2021. So, the authority will give Assam Science & Technology University Application Form 2021 on the official website. For different courses, ASTU 2021 Application forms will be provided by the University. In the application, students have to give all details correctly. The application form for ASTU 2021 will be issued in April 2021. Applicants need to keep the printed copies of the application form, acknowledgment slip, and fee payment Challan for future reference.
Application Fee 2021
An amount of Rs.600/- had to be paid plus the bank charges.
ASTU offers undergraduate programs in 7 different fields like Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, Architecture, Computer Application, Business, and Design.
Only those candidates who have finished their higher secondary education in related subjects can apply for admission to various undergraduate programs like B.Tech, BBA, BCA, B.Des, etc. Students willing to pursue B.Tech must also appear for Assam-CEE.
Also, 8 full-time PG programs in Engineering, Business, Pharmacy, Computer Application, Architecture, and Science are offered. Candidates should have passed graduation in a relevant subject from a recognized university. Admission to the ME program is based on a merit list shortlisting students on GATE rank. While other programs like MBA require students to have qualified CAT/MAT/CMAT or any other national level entrance for this course. M.Des, M.Pharm, etc admissions are merit-based. There is also a Doctorate program offered by the university in various specializations and a Diploma program in Pharmacy. For Ph.D. students must have qualified UGC-NET/JRF/GATE/SLET for direct admission else they must appear for the internal entrance.
ASTU Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before applying, applicants should read the complete ASTU 2021 eligibility criteria. The application will be rejected by applicants who do fulfill all criteria. So, students applying for admission to Assam Science & Technology University need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned by the exam directing authority to appear for the exam.
The Specific criteria to apply for the exam is discussed below:
- Appearing applicants must have a domicile of Assam and a citizen of India.
- Those who belong to the reserved category have relaxation for up to 3 years in the upper age limit.
- Appearing students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% (45% in case an applicant belongs to reserved category) in subjects including Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology / Mathematics.
- For admission into BE/ B. Tech Courses, the applicant must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all four subjects, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English together.
- The aspirants must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE – 2021).
- The applicant must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxed to 22 years in the case of B.Sc. passed Candidates. The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
How to Apply for the ASTU Admission 2021
- Candidates need to visit the official website of ASTU.
- Click on ‘CEE 2021 Online Application Submission’
- Click on ‘Registration’ and register for the application process of CEE.
- Students will be given an application number and password on their registered email and mobile number.
- Then, start filling the application form by providing personal and academic details.
- Upload the required documents and submit the application form by paying the application fee
- Take a printout of the filled application form for future reference.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet
- Graduation mark sheet (for PG program)
- Post-graduation mark sheet (for the Ph.D. program)
- Caste certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs (2).