Ashirwad Scholarship 2020 – Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Status And Process
The Government of Punjab, India, manages Ashirwad Scholarship 2020. It is carried every year for the welfare of SSC/ ST/ OBC students. It is a Post-matric Scholarship provided for the SC / ST / OBC students who are practicing the courses of UG/ PG across Punjab. This scholarship is to support the candidates who are economically backward (either belongs to the lower level or middle level).
These scholarships are offered to candidates who have cleared their matriculation exams and for UG and PG courses. It usually seen in the state that candidates leave their studies and not pursue higher education, mainly lack funds. This scholarship started to control this system and support candidates to push themselves into further education.
This scholarship provides girls with a lot of financial support since 40% of the scholarships reserved for women alone. Through this investment, the state government is placing the need and importance of girls’ education in today’s society.
Ashirwad Highlight 2020
|Scholarship Name||Ashirwad Scholarship|
|Article Category||Ashirwad Scholarship 2020|
|Purpose Of Scholarship||To Offer Financial Support to Minority candidates|
|Conducted By||Government of Punjab|
|Eligibility||The students who are pursuing post-matriculation and the natives of Punjab will be funded by the government.|
|Eligible Standards||SC/ST and OBC candidates|
Ashirwad Scholarships Important Dates And Events
|Start Date of Application||3rd week of September 2020|
|Last Date of Application||2nd week of October 2020|
Ashirwad Scholarship 2020
The Punjab government has come up with a unique initiative to help deserving and meritorious candidates of their state with the scholarship facility through the Ashirwad scholarship scheme. This scholarship mainly aims to help students in SC/ST and OBC communities provide hassle-free education facilities.
Ashirwad Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2020
Students who are applying for the Ashirwad Scholarship 2020 must follow the steps given below:
- Only Indian citizens can apply for this scholarship.
- Maintainance amount.
- Students belonging to SC / ST / OBC categories can apply.
- Students should have compulsorily cleared matriculation.
- Matriculation should be from a recognized government / private / government recognized institute of study or state secondary board of education (Punjab state)
- The minimum age to apply for this scholarship is 17 years.
- The annual family income of SC / ST Students should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
- The annual family income of OBC aspirants should be less than 1 lakhs.
- Students pursuing distance courses / open education/correspondence courses are also qualified and can apply for it.
- Aspirants who are already the recipient of other scholarship schemes/grant systems/aids from the government are not qualified to apply for it.
- Students pursuing medicine are not allowed to practice during their course.
Maintenance Allowance Amount
|For Hostler||Rs 750|
|For Day Scholar||Rs 350|
|Thesis typing / Printing Charges||Rs 1000|
|The amount granted for study Tour||Rs 900|
|The amount for book allowance||Rs 900|
|The amount for Reader Allowance||Rs 175|
The Ashirwad scholarship includes many educational costs of the students, and they are given below:
- Study fees including course fee and exam fees [compulsory fees]
- Maintenance fees
- Charges covering study tour expenses
- Thesis typing plus printing costs preparation charges
- Book allowance charges
- Charges for book bank facilities
- Miscellaneous charges
There are many benefits of the Ashirwad scholarship; some of them given below:
- Aspirants get funds to continue higher study irrespective of their specialization.
- If a student is qualified to receive funds, they would proceed for further rounds of application investigation and be closer to receiving the scholarship amount.
- The tuition fees, library fees, exam fees, and other fees are cover under this scholarship.
- Students of SC / ST / OBC who are pursuing post-matriculation will be funded for future education.
- The entire process from form filling to disbursal of the scholarship amount is hassle-free and carried out without any issues.
How To Apply For The Ashirwad Scholarship
If a candidate is eligible for these minority scholarships, then, they can apply for it online. Follow the given below to fill the minority scholarship application form.
- Students need to visit the official website www.punjabscholarships.gov.in
- Search for the ‘Student Corner’ section in this portal.
- Under the student corner section, select the post-matric scholarship portal.
- Students need first to register and then login.
- Provide necessary information that leads to your registration.
- Log into the website by providing correct registration/application id and the relevant password.
- Fill up all the required details related to personal information, academic information, contact information, and other requisite details.
- All the Students advise checking the application form once before submitting it.
- If details entered is wrong information may lead to later disqualification/rejection of candidature.
- Upload all scanned documents along with the application form.
- Click on the submit button
- Take a print copy of the submitted form for future references.
Important Documents Required
Candidates must be ready with all the documents mention below while filling the Ashirwad Scholarship application form.
- Recent passport size photograph of the student
- Domicile certificate.
- School verification form attested by the Principal of the school/institute.
- Parents / Guardians’ income certificate issued by a competent authority declared by the State / UTs Administration.
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the student.
- Self-certified copy of the first page of bank / postal account passbook should be in the name of the students
- Bank Account should, either single or joint account with her parents
- A copy of the student’s Aadhaar card (in case of unavailability of Aadhaar card, applicants can submit a birth certificate, BPL card, or Rashan card).